Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by InVyUI

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@GoodGuylnBadLand wrote:

@Stg-HurtZMH wrote:

Guys I'm not saying that you need to do it... It can be an Windows error, but BAD_MODULE will be fixed soon... (at least I think)... In this case, I PREFER reinstall my Windows because it was too slow in everything and crashing a lot in this game, it help me too stop a lot of crashs, only one or another per day (It's not acceptable, but is better than crash 10 times per day)! 

I'm saying it not to help Respawn Studio, just to anyone that want to play better today when wait for a full patch to solve the problem! So, I'm not defending Respawn, I'm just talking to anyone that want to try fix at least partially to play better!...

If you don't want to try it, just OK! Standard smile

Im sorry, didn't wanted to blame you. I respect that you are trying to help us anyway.

It's Okay! :D

Message 521 of 826 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah right with good team mates and 5 kills of spawn.

But guess what I get sent back to my windows starting screen🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 522 of 826 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope so I love this game but I can't play 2 games then crash the whole time.. 

Message 523 of 826 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm getting endless cannot reference memory crashes. If this doesn't get fixed soon, as in end of the month, Respawn can count me out. Even after having tried nearly every 'fix' option EA or the community has offered, the game refuses to run properly. This is the only game that does this to my PC. The game is running at 100% CPU usage, indicating a memory leak of some sort. Dropping all the time, and especially in clinch firefights as one of the last teams is incredibly annyoing, to be honest. And I'm being REALLY honest.

Message 524 of 826 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, mine was one that the 100% fan at >70c fixed, but no longer.

The latest update appears to have bricked the game. I've now crashed out of fricking every single game I've attempted to play today

Quality experience.

Respawn please nerf Bad Module Info. That legend is way overpowered.

Message 525 of 826 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still get (unable to connect to ea servers) in pc version but i know my internet is good,its runs abit smoothly but still like that and it forced me out of a game

Message 526 of 826 (1,181 Views)

★ Apprentice

you just kidding me right?....why not just fix the game since we need 100000000 steps to fix the issue,is not coming from us it is coming from your game being badly unfixed,stop giving us worthless solutions and i repeat is your game need to be fixed

Message 527 of 826 (1,137 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting this error code can anyone help????

mp/sh_comms_menu.nut #1221
[CLIENT]INDEX "6" is beyond the array of 5

Message 528 of 826 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, EA-Community.

I found a fix for myself and hope this could also help others who are experiencing the same issue with the "random crash without error (bad_module_info)".

This could just affect people with an overclocked processor!

If you have no experience with overclocking, you should probably wait until there's an official fix.

After I tried literally everything to fix the issue with random crashes without error (bad_module_info) from Apex Legends, I found something in the "System" log from the Event Viewer.

Image from the Event Viewer window:

Spoiler

Event Viewer System Log (WHEA-Logger)

The "Processor APIC ID" is not always the same number (it's also 0, 4 & 6 sometimes).

After I found this log, I've searched with google for a solution and found a answer from a user who said that this will go away by trying increasing the vCore (Core Voltage) from the processor.

So I increased the vCore value (via BIOS) from 1.245 to 1.300 and since I did this there were no log about this anymore.

What has it to do with Apex Legends?

After increasing the Core Voltage of my processor, I also get no new logs about the bad_module_info and the game isn't crashing anymore.

It seems like Apex Legends takes a lot of power from the processor and it needs more voltage to run stable.

You also have this issue?

Check if you also have this log, if yes, you probably need to increase the Core Voltage of your processor, which might be improves the stability of Apex Legends.

Look into your Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs → System and search for "WHEA-Logger" by pressing CTRL + F.

Normally my PC runs stable at 1.245 vCore, Apex Legends is the only one game which needs a higher Core Voltage to run stable (at least for me).

I've never experienced this issue in any other game before and they all running stable at 1.245 vCore.

Maybe required informations:

Spoiler
• OS: Windows 10 Pro (Version: 1809, OS Build: 17763.348)
• Mainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming (BIOS version: 3805 - up to date)
• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K (4x 4.80 GHz OC @ 1.300 vCore, Delidded)
• Graphics Card: ASUS ROG Strix OC GeForce® GTX 1060 (6 GB VRAM, Driver version: 419.35)
• Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 (2x 8 GB; 16 GB @ 3.000 MHz XMP OC)
• Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z (24", FHD, 144 Hz, 1ms Response Time)

I hope this could help a few of you.

Message 529 of 826 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Disclaimer or not

getting into dangerous territory suggesting people go mess with voltage settings on their cpu to fix this game.

Message 530 of 826 (1,056 Views)