Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by TelBrut

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've litterally tried everything , and still crashing.

AMD FX 6300.

I'm done till this is over, I litterally tried everything.

-Disabling 2 cores

-Settings all low in all they ways you can imagine

-Set to +fps_max 75

-Run as admin , compatibility and disable fullscren optimization (on origin and apex)

-Set very low priority on easy anti cheat

-Set more pagefile on my disk.

-Do the stop windows service sound and then start it again after you get kicked the first time by a random disconnect while in the menu

-Optimized my gpu for better performance and also updated drivers.

-Tried vsync on off and all the options avilable.

-Tried fullscreen borderless windowed aswell.

I litterally dont know what else I can try. I love the game but I'm actually done, I've reached lvl 100+ untill they fix this I won't play it.

Message 371 of 826 (1,206 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried everything you suggested for PC troubleshooting. Game still freezes almost every match during gunfights or just running and looting. The only game I recall doing this was Unreal Tournament 2004 on my old PC. Apex legends is freezing on my new computer like it can't handle the game. All my settings are low or disabled except for model detail on high and GPU ram set to "insane 8GB."

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Message 372 of 826 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already updated by win 7 and nvdia driver to latest version and error for memory still not fix....
and then I play at net cafe / pc bang in my city which the game also crash.... I don't know whether net cafe/ pc bang updated their driver or not........
I think u better fix this Memory error and crash error by using older system operation like windows xp, 7, 8... cuz many people still use that operation system......
the worse one that you can't re-login after being disconnected....
The good thing this game is free... if this game pay, I will spam error E-mail everyday for sure.... Sad bug crash and force close....

Message 373 of 826 (1,079 Views)

★ Apprentice

2-3 times crashing within 4 hours. 

Message 374 of 826 (1,141 Views)

★ Guide
Just tried new AMD drivers (19.2.3) with clean DDU install. No luck, still crashing
Message 375 of 826 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]

Turns out I need to quit the Discord software. Instead I need to use the web based app in my browser. Now I have my FPS uncapped again with +fps_max unlimited in the launch options of Apex. And settings on high again.

So I'm unable to use the normal Discord app from my harddrive when playing Apex Legends with high FPS, and need to use the web based one from my browser instead. But if I cap my FPS to 80, with +fps_max 80, I can use the Discord app from my harddrive as usual.

But it's not the in-game overlay, already switched that off. Even with in-game overlay switched off it will crash. Need to use web based app in browser.

For now I'm using the web app in my browser so that I can play with high (uncapped) FPS.

Hope there will be a fix soon.

My system:
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200

Message 376 of 826 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Probably would help someone.

Got all kinda crashes, tried everyting to fix it.

The last thing that i'd got - crashes during game without error. And i found a solution: lower RAM speed. Didn;t do anything at all after that (and likely before that, because i did reinstall my windows and wipe BIOS).

SPECS:
MB: ASUS x370-PRO
CPU: AMD 1700X
RAM: 2x8 3200 DDR4 (Now running 3133 without any problem in Apex)
GPU: ASUS RTX 2060 ROG STRIX GAMING OC
2x SSD
PSU: Corsair CX750M
"Clean" Win10
Nvidia drivers 417.71

Message 377 of 826 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Been experiencing Bad Module Info and crashes every game.

I am running a i5 4670k, RX480 4GB and 16GB DDR3 RAM.

I have tried everything to fix this issue and nothing worked until I used this command in Origin: +fps_max 60 -novid -borderless window

Another rule is no Alt Tabbing, I have not crashed in over 30 games easy.

I have a 144hz monitor and previously FPS was fluctuating from the 100-144 range. Now it is always at 60 and never drops below, no crashes... yet.

I use Discord also.

Message 378 of 826 (873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

y0

if this can help:

crash at the end, no error message, instant back windows.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387123486

i5 7300hq, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb of ram

I've got the same crashes with or without the latests nvidia drivers, settings are all on low. Crashes are completly random, can't play 15 games without problems then 5 next crashes.

Message 379 of 826 (844 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

wow.. after this last small update im crashing every game...

Message 380 of 826 (751 Views)