Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by Sanctonis

Original Post

★★ Novice

none of these tips work and some of them i'm not even trying. do a clean install? hilarious. unplug hard drives?....seriously wtf. who comes up with this stuff.

spend loads of money on a pc thats made for over clocking and then run everything at stock settings to get a game to work. its terrible. turn off every program on your computer, so you cant talk to friends or monitor your hardware. eeerm how bout no.

game is broken. 

i5 9600k, maximus hero 11, rtx 2070, 16gb ram. crashes nearly every game. GG

But the store works just great. is this FIFA?

Message 331 of 826 (1,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, I've tried this for 2 days now, but won't say it's a fix, I've had some "fixes" work for 3+ days before crashing on me the last couple weeks.

I turned everything to low/off, VRAM I made sure is 2GB (if you turn it off, it allows maximum VRAM usage), and have been monitoring my GPU. Now it never hit 100% at max settings, but at 50% usage all game, I haven't had a crash in two days. I'm wondering if somehow someway, even just a slight spike sometimes to 100% crashes it. Again I could just be lucky and experiencing a dice roll of 6 every day, but I was crashing a lot before this. I'm going to keep testing this and i'll edit if it crashes.

Keep in mind, your game is going to look *awful* if you're used to max settings, and sometimes objects in the distance look as pixel-y as players so you might be tricked at times, but try this out and let me know if it works. Keep task manager open with the chart for GPU there, and let me know if you crash was there any spike to 100%.

I also have my fps set to 75 (+fps_max 75 in the game launch options) but I'm unsure if that's contributing. That alone didn't work previous to setting my graphics to all low, off and 2GB VRAM.

EDIT: Oh, just to repost my specs:
Sapphire RX480 8GB Nitro+ (Have tried bringing the overclock down to stock, didn't work)
i5-6600K (Also tried underclocking CPU, didn't work)

16GB RAM, 2x8

Have 3 hard drives, C:1TB, D:2TB, E:1TB (have tried installing origin and the game on each and every single one, didn't work)

EDIT 2: After a few days, it crashed. Checked task manager, never hit 100% GPU usage UNTIL the game is closed and obviously origin and everything is rendered, but that's irrelevant. The freeze happens with my GPU at 50% use. My framerate was capped at 75 so i lowered it to 60, still no luck.

Message 332 of 826 (1,532 Views)

★★ Novice

Typical lazy answer akin to Microsoft forums default bot answers.

Why even bother with this when it's clear the fixes are too broad and don't address the fact that your GAME is BROKEN. Replugging harddrives and reinstalling it won't do *.

Message 333 of 826 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice

This works for me:

If your crashing randomly to desktop without an error try adding +fps_max 75 to your startup parameters in the game properties. Continue going down from 75 in increments of 5 until the crashes stop.

Message 334 of 826 (1,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont have any error massage the game just freeze and after a few sec exit to the desktop. 

I have an i5-4690 3.50GHz CPU 
GPU : 

MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC RX 570 8GB GDDR5 OC PCIE 

If I can run Battlefield 5 without any issue I don't think its in my PC's problem to handle Apex. 

In the past days I had less crashes dunno why but till its not fixed 100% im not gonna buy the Battle Pass. 
But Dear Respawn, I love your game and I really appreciate how you guys communicate with us and how u really wanna improve in all aspects of the game. 
So if its fixed you can count me in! 
Standard smile 
marcidelta

Message 335 of 826 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So you mean to tell me that we have to do all of these steps in order to get a game working. I should not have to run my high-end PC on low settings in game. You should have tested this game further before releasing it. Heck PUBG, Black Ops 4 and Fortnite didn’t even have this issue, during their betas/releases. Don’t get me wrong. I love the game. It’s just poorly executed on the technical side of it. Crashing, performance, and optimization should be the number one thing here. I hope you fix these issues before you move on with road-map. Right now your road-map just looks like another way for EA to make some money. Give us a quality game with little to no issues and we will give you money. Heck tons of people are giving it to you right now. Should be more than enough to pay you to fix your game!

Message 336 of 826 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on pc and I do experience a lots of crash. From what i can see the only difference I have with my friends that never crash is that I use AMD graphic card radeon RX480. Yesterday, just found that I can play like 1-2 houre without any crash then when it start i crash like in any situation. There seem to have no special condition. 

And to fix it I restart the origine luncher And i seem to be good for a other 1-2 hours without crash.

If it can help anybody.

Sorry for bad english

Message 337 of 826 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Crashing in every game today... It seems that crashes are more often when servers are full on weekends.. so not only the app has problems but the network overload makes is worse ..

Noticed crashes when near circle imidiately when it started closing...

Noticed crashes from supply packs as they land near you..

And crashes from abilities skins and ui-inventory management...

Pretty much everything crashes the game....   

Stop making surgery twicks on your pcs. Cause the problem obviously is with the game. Nothing will fix this mess

Message 338 of 826 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Instead of telling us to fix all of our stuff by blaming us for your server problems, just make it so we can rejoin after crashing, or at least earn the exp we earned before we crashed, it's not fair at all.

Message 339 of 826 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Novice
This really helped me!! Try this first, guys. Especially AMD folk.

Cap your frame rate.
Go to origin->game library->right click on Apex ->Game properties->advanced->and put in Command line arguments: +fps_max 100. (You can try setting it lower too (90, 80, etc.)
Message 340 of 826 (1,003 Views)