Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by floskannn

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry, thanks for your feedback.
Hope this all will soon get fixed, this might be the best BR thusfar.

Message 91 of 825 (4,933 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah, I got fresh windows with only origin and Apex, yet got those errors too LMAO
Message 92 of 825 (4,910 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you @EA_Blueberry for the response
Message 93 of 825 (4,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

As a fan of this game, I highly suggest not recommending to your players as an "official" guide or fix to mess with their CPU in regards to shutting down/parking cores. Yes it may be able to get them to run THIS game as a quick fix, however in the long run it can cause a hindrance for other tasks they may want to accomplish. Quite honestly it's foolish to encourage anyone without appropriate knowledge to even mess around within their BIOS.

As someone who has been OC'ing machines for roughly 7-8 years and a well known poster at overclock.net / overclockers.com - trust me. You don't want to assume everyone has the knowledge to revert a change such as shutting down a CPU core. It's sort of wreckless. They can seriously mess something's up if they start fooling around in the wrong places.

Otherwise, thanks for trying to help the community.

Cheers

Message 94 of 825 (4,839 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Hopefully this can help ppl. that only started having problems today with starting the game, and hopefully others too.
I've confirmed this solution 3 times, and what causes it in my case.

Solution:

-MAKE A NEW WINDOWS PROFILE (Normal computer account, not a Microsoft Account)
-REBOOT and log into your new account and start Origin

-Disable all notifications in Origin, so hopefully on the next invite, this won't repeat until a fix is out.

-Start Apex

It works for me... UNTIL someone invites me to a game, and the crash + process repeats.
I've tried clearing all cache, flushing dns, reinstalling drivers and uninstalling the game + origin + multiple restarts without success etc. etc..

So after someone invited me again and the problem reappeard, I made another profile.... AGAIN. And it worked. Games starts normally.

I saw someone reinstalled windows and still got the same error.
Question - Did it crash after someone invited you and then you couldn't start the game anymore?

More background info:
I've had a couple of the issues regarding crashing game and not being able to start the game the last week. (Fixed some off them by following advice on this forum)
Also had a couple of days with no problem.

Today I played full 3 games, until I was in the lobby and a friend invited me to a match, game crashed into windows with no error, after that I couldn't start the game again normally at all.
I only get the Respawn Logo and then back to desktop with no error message.

After trying everything previously mentioned in this thread without success, I tried what works normally on random/hard to find errors at my work.
(50 000 customers and 3500+ applications in a windows environment within health care, which in 80% of cases just takes too much time to troubleshoot, so we make A NEW WINDOWS PROFILE and if that doesn't work we reinstall the PC)

After the last crash (and 2 new profiles), I uninstalled Origin + Apex and deleted all Origin-folder in AppData, User\Local and User\Roaming and reinstalled Origin but it still won't start.
Only works when making a new profile.

So my best guess at this time is that some files are still somewhere that needs to be deleted and/or it's some strings in the registry that needs to go.

Sorry for the lengthy post, hope this can help someone else and Mr EA_Blueberry to have some more data.

Message 95 of 825 (4,831 Views)

★ Guide

Still getting those crashes... was okay on the first few days, then it started to happen... 3-5 times in a day, makes the game unplayable.. even for my friend. we're using discord, so in the next round we gonna test it without it.

Message 96 of 825 (4,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie
pc de oyuna girerken bir problem yaşamıyorum ama oyuna başla butonuna bastıktan sonra tam oyuna başlıyacağı zaman oyundan atıyor yükleme ekranında sync kapadım ayarları kıstım windows güncelledim driver en son güncellemede 19.2.1 amd sürümü şu an en güncel sürüm ve yine problem geçmedi ayriyeten oyunu 4-5 kez indirmeme ramen yine aynı sorun var. oyunu onardım olmadı dosya konturöl etdim yine olmadı yardım pls
Message 97 of 825 (4,800 Views)

★★★ Novice

Playing on a PC with 9700k and 2080ti, getting random crashes of 3 different types, either the game will freeze for a few seconds and then just crash to desktop, I will get an Engine Error about DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (attached) and it will close the game, or the game will freeze but the computer will still be working but the frozen game refuses to get off the screen and I have to sign out and back into windows to close it.

I have disabled Corsair iCue, I have rolled back my Nvidia drivers, I have disabled Origin overlay and GeForce Overlay, I have cleared out Origin cache, I have repaired the game, I have reset my GPU overclock to stock, I have lowered the game down to 1440p from 4K, I have set V-sync on and off, none of these seemed to make much difference, I then lowered the textures to 6Gb which had it working for a couple of hours but it still eventually crashed, I then switched to windowed borderless and played for another few hours without a crash, so i'm not sure if it's now working correctly or I have just been lucky to not crash yet.

I like the game but this is ridiculous, I hope this gets sorted soon so I can go back to the latest drivers and actually play in 4K with my GPU overclocked without crashing out.

Message 98 of 825 (4,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

If your game is going to crash, at least create a feature where people can rejoin their squad. I hate leaving my team because of something I can't help Frown Like most, I have played around with my settings, but to no avail.

Problems:

• I get disconnections in the lobby
  • I get disconnections in the game.
  • My sound stutters in the lobby.

My specs:

AMD FX-6300

12GB DDR3 Ram ' 668MHz

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

ASUS M5A97 Motherboard

SSD/SATA Drives

Windows 10 64-bit

Message 99 of 825 (4,740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I did something to make the crash go away. (nvidia)

-disable origin-ingame

-disable hardware accelartion on discord if u use

set physX from GPU to CPU 

so far im on tenth game without crash

GTX 1060 6gb

i5 4460

win 7

driver 417.71

Before this every match always got crash

Message 100 of 825 (4,596 Views)