Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
In a f2p game everyone is a potential buying customer. If they want people to buy the battlepass in march it better be in working condition.
Message 81 of 826 (5,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

@bt119be  If you're having he "illegal instruction" error please report it to Easy Anti-cheat. 

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/tech/

A reminder for folks on 10 and 20 series Nvidia cards, rolling back from 418.81 can help. Of course this won't catch every issue, but it has been helpful for a lot of people.

That’s the thing though... that doesn’t work either. Every fix mentioned has no bearing on if the game will run or not. It’s conpletely random. I can run 5 games on Max settings fine and then crash. Move to low settings and crash. Try every fix listed on the internet and get 2-3 games out and then crash. Use 4 different graphics drivers on clean installs and get a few games and crash. I think at this point I would just have to build a new PC... and even that may not work because guys with better components than I have get the same crash. 

Pretty much a fresh fresh install of windows with only Origin and Apex installed MAY work. 

Message 82 of 826 (5,538 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@the_b00ts wrote:

@EA_David wrote:

@bt119be  If you're having he "illegal instruction" error please report it to Easy Anti-cheat. 

A reminder for folks on 10 and 20 series Nvidia cards, rolling back from 418.81 can help. Of course this won't catch every issue, but it has been helpful for a lot of people.

That’s the thing though... that doesn’t work either. Every fix mentioned has no bearing on if the game will run or not. It’s conpletely random. I can run 5 games on Max settings fine and then crash. Move to low settings and crash. Try every fix listed on the internet and get 2-3 games out and then crash. Use 4 different graphics drivers on clean installs and get a few games and crash. I think at this point I would just have to build a new PC... and even that may not work because guys with better components than I have get the same crash. 

Pretty much a fresh fresh install of windows with only Origin and Apex installed MAY work. 

What is your pc setup? 

Message 83 of 826 (5,519 Views)

★★ Apprentice

for me just says unable to connect to ea servers. check your internet and try again. well I know my internet works but do your servers?

Message 84 of 826 (5,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@xrayEU wrote:

@the_b00ts wrote:

@EA_David wrote:

What is your pc setup? 

3570k / 1070Ti / Win10 64

Message 85 of 826 (5,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this game is crashing so much, every 2 games it just freezes and quits itself like 15 mins into the game, fix ur * this cantbe happening for a game that has 10 mill players

Message 86 of 826 (5,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I had frequent crashes (every second game or so) without any error message.

I recently upgraded my nvidia driver to 418.81 because it fixed a weird gsync issue in many games for me (see nvidia issue [2399845])

So I read that I should downgrade the driver. I downgraded to 417.35. The game has not crashed once since I did that. So that is great. But I can't use Gsync anymore, because I only have a freesync display and the ability to use that with gsync was introduced in the later patch and the other issue was fixed in the latest.

So I currently have to decide whether I want to have gsync in other games OR no crashes in apex. Cannot have both currently. 

I hope you work with nvidia to fix this in the near future. Thanks!

All other games I played are fine with the newest driver (e.g. csgo, bfv)

My specs:
Ryzen 2700x

RTX 2070 (MSI Gaming Z)
Gigabyte B450-AORUS-PRO Mainboard (latest Bios F5)

3200 Mhz RAM (XMP)
no overclock

Message 87 of 826 (5,387 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can we get some conformation that devs are working to implement software fixes for these issues or are working with Nvidia/ AMD to iron out driver issues?
The listed solutions are not really acceptable. 

By providing an expansive list of "might work" solutions you are moving the onus to the customer, which I feel is incredibly unfair.
Not to mention the fact that following many of these steps would negatively impact users systems for all other games they play. 
I'm running brand new top of the line hardware, carefully set-up and have no issues in any other game..
The issue is clearly with your code or driver compatibility.

I think many players really respect the product and the way you chose to launch the game, and personally I applaud you for that.
However I think to maintain the level of respect you have earned,  you need to hold your hands up and accept responsibility for implementing a solution for the thousands of players who cannot play due to these driver / hardware incompatibility issues.

For me the game is essentially unplayable in this state.

Message 88 of 826 (5,350 Views)

★ Guide

I'm pissed at this moment. I've been crashing almost everygame i play. Tried everything, literally everything. Please .. Fix this already. It shouldn't be that hard to fix a problem that thousands of people encounter. 

Message 89 of 826 (5,253 Views)

Community Manager

To clear up any confusion around this guide, it wasn't intended to pass any of the technical problems onto you to figure out. We've been working closely with the Respawn team by letting them know what technical issues we are seeing reported to us in our forums, social media, and Live-Support so they're aware of what needs to be investigated. We anticipated a large amount of players logging in for the weekend and based off what we saw happening earlier in the week, early indication is that there will be others visiting these boards as well.

We've been going through posts in here gathering information for Respawn. Responding to posts is one part of our job, but we're definitely doing some things behind the scenes too. Going through various pages of responses can take some time so the guide was created as a shortcut to what's been reported by others as ways to get around errors, crashes, etc.

I've updated the list to include a workaround for those experiencing crashes on AMD FX 6000 CPUs. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AMD-FX-6xxxx-Crash-and-Disconnect-SOLVED/m-p/7456339#M948...) That can help some players get into the game while we've raised this up to the team to investigate.

We appreciate everyone that has responded back with workaround fixes and value all the feedback you've given us so far. 

Blueberry.png
Message 90 of 826 (5,224 Views)