Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_David

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@BCking18 wrote:

roll back graphics driver to 417 if your on nvidia that fixed it for me.

I used DDU to do the same, along with the following steps outlined below and played last night with zero crashes and the smoothest gameplay yet.  I'll start undoing some of the changes I made to try and pin point what my issue truly was.

• Used DDU to uninstall 418 drivers, then installed 417.73 drivers
  • Disabling Origin FPS overlay had no effect previously, so I also ensured Discord overlay was disabled
  • Did not remove overclocking of GPU or CPU as has been suggested
  • Added the following launch arguments per someone else's post, and a friend's suggestion based on them experiencing errors in Titanfall (unsure if this has any effect and will definitely test removing these)
    • "+max_fps 100 -dev -console -preload -threads 4 -forcenovsync -windowed -noborder -width 3440 -height 1440"
  • Disabled GSync.  This will be the first thing I test turning back on as I have friends playing with GSync/Fullscreen with no issues (on RTX cards)

I can't stress how much smoother the game ran though after making these changes, even while streaming from the same machine with a 3440x1440 output.  I'd have to check other specifics with in-game settings but I don't think I even lowered the VRAM used.

Specs:

• 2080 Ti FE (OC'd)
  • i7-5820k (OC'd to 3.8)
  • 16GB RAM
  • Game running on Samsung Evo SSD
  • I'm even on the latest Windows Insider (fast ring) build - 18334.19h1
Message 71 of 825 (5,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still getting the origin desktop application is not loaded problem

what is the problem?

Message 72 of 825 (5,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Processor
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Video Card
Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
RAM
16 GB
Operating System
Windows 7
144hz MSI Optix monitor

Constant stuttering, game doesn't look smooth, increased stuttering after using zip-line or going into bigger areas fast paced

In-game video options - All on low&off
Message 73 of 825 (5,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try this in the command line arguments.

+max_fps 100 -dev -console -preload -threads 4 -forcenovsync -windowed -noborder -width 1920 -height 1080

Might work, might not. Just played 4-5 hours without crashing after putting this in.

Message 74 of 825 (5,548 Views)

★★ Novice

Crashing 90% of games, back to desktop no error.

How has this not been fixed yet?

Message 75 of 825 (5,526 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lol that won't work and -preload will make some people's games run terribly. The issue is on their end and needs to be found and patched. I've never had problems with any game until now. It's completely random crashing with no error codes nor any stress on the GPU or CPU. Sometimes I can play for 10 games and then sometimes it crashes for 10 games straight. I wish the guys that have never had issues would post and we may get an idea of what CPUs are not having issues because I currently see a wide range of computer configurations with the same problem.

Message 76 of 825 (5,501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

"Having trouble with the Anti-Cheat system?

Check out this amazing guide"

There's nothing "amazing" about this guide-- it's just a Common Sense 101 walkthrough that solves nothing.

Message 77 of 825 (5,449 Views)

Community Manager

@bt119be  If you're having he "illegal instruction" error please report it to Easy Anti-cheat. 

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/tech/

A reminder for folks on 10 and 20 series Nvidia cards, rolling back from 418.81 can help. Of course this won't catch every issue, but it has been helpful for a lot of people.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 78 of 825 (5,347 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
That is not a real fix for anything, this issue stems from the game itself. We shouldn't have to spend hours tweaking our otherwise perfectly fine setup just to play one game without crashing. Please acknowledge that this is a real issue and start working on a non-snake oil fix.
Message 79 of 825 (5,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It would be much faster if the game wasn't free to play. They want and need to keep paying customers happy.
Message 80 of 825 (5,265 Views)