by OhOkYeah

Original Post

Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

★★★ Newbie
Same
Message 11 of 825 (19,273 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried all of these steps. On PS4 I continuously get "Attempting to Connect (X of 9). When the game does finally connect I'll play 1 match and get booted out to this screen again for about 1-10mins. This happens after every single match I play. 

My internet is strong and stable with no interruptions. Every single other game that I play that uses an online connection has no issues whatsoever and do not disconnect. 

I have run out of options, appears like you have an issue your side and not us having one. 

Message 12 of 825 (19,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Making some troubleshooting notes for myself and other if interested. 

Spoiler

Playing solo, 1440p with all high, V-sync off, Full screen, drivers 418.81

Crashed

Crashed

Crashed

Crashed

Crashed

Restarted my computer.

Finish one game.

Crashed again.

Crashed again.

I changed graphic settings ingame to the lowest possible (didn't see * tho)

Finished one game.

Bumped up my resolution to 1440p all other settings low

Crashed

Back to 720p low settings

Finished one game

Finished one game.

Finished one as a duo.

Finished one game solo.

Finished one game solo.

Bumping up the resolution to 1080p with all low settings.

Crashed.

Trying 1600x900

Finished one game.

Finished a short game.

Finished one game.

Bumping up my graphics to high.

Finished one game.

Finished one game. 

Finished one game Full squad

Crashed. Full squad 

Lowering graphics again.

Disconnected to main menu. Full squad

Crashed. Full squad

Lowering to 768 with low

Finished one game. Full squad

Trying out drivers 417.71 and disabled firewall and all non used audio outputs

Crashed. Solo

Lowering to 720 low settings

Crashed. Solo

Bumping everything to high and 1440p

Finished one game. Solo

Crashed.

Crashed.

Downclocking CPU to 4.8GHz, 1440p medium/high

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Finished one game. Solo

Played another 10 games today with no crash.

So downclocked my CPU a bit really worked for me.

Update, still no crash after a few hundred games. 

i7 9700k @ 5GHz, MSI Gaming M5 z370

MSI Gaming X 1080 TI, drivers 418.81 and Directx 12

16GB RAM Corsair Vengence 3200MHz 

Windows 10, all updated.

Samsung 970 and 860 M2/SSD.

Acer Predator XB271ha

Message 13 of 825 (19,087 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you tried turning off all programs that allow for macros. i.e Logitech G Hub

Message 14 of 825 (19,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Keep getting crashed "r5apex.exe - application error  "The instruction at 0x76f3f266 refrenced memory at 0x01000019. The memory could not be read Click on OK to terminate the program it crashes randomly it can take 5 min for it or up to like 5 hours but its annoying to crash mid game

Message 15 of 825 (18,966 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The vast majority of people having any sort of crash bugs doesn't have a problem with their PC, its your client not functioning. Even your own support said so.
Message 16 of 825 (18,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry Even though none of these solutions work, thanks for making this thread a sticky. At least we know Respawn is working on it and will find a solution eventually.

Message 17 of 825 (18,812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do agree.

It's very nice to copy paste all the workaround found on the different topics of this forum, but come on.

It's up to you to provide a game which can run without crashing, if you match the minimum requirements, you should be able to play the game. End of the story.

This is a shame, as many famous Youtubers are also reporting the issue. And spending well earned money on expensive computers parts, or Console to be able to play a game should be sufficient. I don't see anybody with a i9 and a 2080Ti will drop his settings to 720p, without overclocking anything, just to play your F2P.

I will say it once more, it's very a shame, the game is fun and very enjoyable, and you have great customization options.

I do think you would people will very not mind buying in game skins.

Please provide a fix, via patch or update of the game, instead of asking us to find workaround.

Hope this is resolved soon, otherwise i think me, and a bunch of other players will leave the game definitely.
Would be sad to see the game go down only one week after release.

Message 18 of 825 (18,767 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are clearly working on it. Be happy that blueberry has made a sticky post about it and made it clear that they have acknowledged the problem. The thing is, that the problem is occurring across multiple platforms, and for PC users with a large variety of hardware. So it can actually help the devs a lot if the community works on it themselves and narrow down the possibility of things that don't work, which can help point them in the direction of where the problem is occurring so they can develop a fix faster than if they do everything from scratch by themselves.

Message 19 of 825 (18,749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this is a bug related to the software running on the CPU and not the actual setup. (Illegal Instruction errors are CPU dependent but are also cause by software errors, in other words the problem is not with YOUR hardware but the instruction set in which your hardware is being asked to compile)

The devs have overlooked something and that is why you/we are here and so the so called "fixes" below are futile.

The game as usual has not been tested as it should have been tested before release so anyone who downloads it today is actually a BETA tester for free, there is no such thing as "Free" btw. So don't bother with setup advice as it's not what's throwing this error and if your system is running fine then DO NOT update or change anything to get this game to run. This is a DEV side error and they know it.

Message 20 of 825 (18,699 Views)