Code:net problems -- Connected to RAM?

by szilig1

Original Post

Code:net problems -- Connected to RAM?

★★ Newbie

Recently, I've upgraded my RAM from 8 GB DDR4 to 16 GB DDR4. Before this upgrade, Apex Legends very rarely had connectivity issues and I could consistently play as many games a day as I wanted.

Now, after upgrading to 16 GB, when starting a game, right after the character select screen is over and the map is supposed to load, the game just freezes. After about 5 seconds the map loads just for me to be able to look around while everything (like my character movement) is frozen and me getting all sorts of connectivity issue icons in the top right (like latency). After this, I'm dropped to the menu where you're able to choose servers and I get the code:net error.

I had 0 problems like this while my ram was 8 GB, now with 16 GB I am unable to play a single game past what I described, as every attempt to reconnect just ends up doing the same. Ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (201 Views)

Re: Code:net problems -- Connected to RAM?

★★★ Guide

Hi @szilig1 ,

Errors like this can come up for a lot of different reasons, so it can be tricky to narrow down what exactly might be causing it. Each situation is unique, so there may not be one specific, definite fix. 

A good place to start troubleshooting this would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. It's also a good idea to check out the more platform-specific steps there as well, depending on which system you're using: 

- PC steps
- Xbox steps

- PS4 steps

Also, if you can I'd recommend adding your information to this thread as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Code-Leaf/td-p/7977450/page/38

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@szilig1 

Remove the RAM module you added and try playing again, if all is well at that point, the new RAM module could be defective or incompatible with your first RAM module.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been having this same problem since the new update, I thought it could have been because I didn’t have enough ram but it sounds like that’s not the issue

Message 4 of 4 (154 Views)