Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? toaky
Date/time issue occurred 8/19/2021
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? POKXX
Summarize your bug I am unsure how to replicate this bug, but during the post-season which I wasn't playing in I fired my DC and hired a new one. After the superbowl my new DC retired without coaching a game, leaving me with a vacancy again. When I went to find a new one to hire during the offseason there were no coaches of any kind available and an error message "THERE IS NO DATA TO DISPLAY." shows on the page where you would normally see coaches. Of note: This franchise was simmed long into the future and this happened in the year 2038. There are no coaches showing for any player in the league. I created a new coach, my old coach didnt show up in the pool, so I fired the OC and he showed up as well as other OCs, but as soon as I hired him the rest disappeared again. Creating a new coach on a different team and firing their DC made him show up in the pool but no others showed up. There are also CPU teams with coaching vacancies that are going unfilled due to this bug.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim 20 years into the future, play a season, fire a coordinator, hire a new one during the post season, have them retire / take a HC job, see if there are coaches available to hire during the offseason.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no coaches of any kind showing up that can be hired.
What do you expect to see? Coaches available for hire.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb

if numAvailableCoaches < 5 then

new Class Coach

[EDIT: modified the thread title to improve clarity if other players would like to report the same issue. thank you for reporting this bug!]

Message 1 of 31 (34,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Cloud Franchise] no Coach available to hire

★★★ Newbie

FOUND A FIX!

The same thing you described to me happened in the year 2034 of my colts franchise, my defensive coordinator retired week 18 and was unable to play the playoffs due to not being able to hire a coach.

How TO FIX: switch user to another team and fire that teams defensive coordinator. Switch back to your user team and that coach that was fired will be able to be hired. Saved my franchise and hope this helps! -thanks

View in thread

Message 13 of 31 (36,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@toaky Kind of have the same situation. End of first season I fired my head coach and defensive coordinator. I tried to hire a new head coach and each time I tried to I’d get and error message followed by another message that the server couldn’t handle my request and be returned to main menu. After numerous attempts to hire a HC and restarting game and console (Xbox series S) it still wouldn’t work. I was able to hire a DC first attempt but ended up simulating ahead and letting the cpu hire a HC.
Message 2 of 31 (34,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm bug in Coach Hiring. End of season 2 my HC retired. I see in the news that HC Robert Saleh was fired but then also was hired by another team. When I go to Staff Management to hire a new HC. I a presented with Robert Saleh as available. However, when I select hire coach I receive the same error, servers cannot handle this request.

I think this is related to having a coach who was fired and already hired by another team. Seems a little cheap that I don't get a chance to compete for hiring this HC. It's almost as if the game needs to have a two step (over multiple weeks) of first firing and retiring and then the next week for hiring so that the list of available coaches is properly established. 

Message 3 of 31 (34,389 Views)

★★ Novice

Has this bug been fixed? I'm dealing with the same thing

Message 4 of 31 (34,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem my DC retired 17yrs in and now I can’t start the game because they’re is “NO DATA TO DISPLAY”…

Message 5 of 31 (33,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem but I’m in year 2043. No defensive coordinator to hire. Can’t play next game.

Message 6 of 31 (33,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. Exactly 2049 can't hire defensive coordinator cuz there's no coaches
Message 7 of 31 (33,102 Views)

★★ Novice

What you would have to do to fix this is go to user teams add another character or user player pick random team fire their defensive coordinator and then have that player or user retire then sign the coordinator yourself 

Message 8 of 31 (32,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This exact same thing is happening on X Box Series S as well.  I simmed only 10 years into the future and found my DC had vacated.  When I went to hire a new one, there were no DC's available.  Same exact thing you described.

Message 9 of 31 (31,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has not been fixed as of 1.23.2022

Message 10 of 31 (31,974 Views)