Re: Client Side Lags

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Client Side Lags

★★ Novice

For a few months already I've had the issue that on some days randomly Apex Legends starts up with client side lags (animations jump back a second once and forth a second once every 3-5 seconds, even the sounds and music are affected by a sudden stutter and jumping back and forth like the animations), making it unbelievably painful to play. It can't be network lags, because everything else plays smoothly. Even Training is affected by it, with Bloodhound lagging every few seconds in the same manner. In-Game my team mates don't see me having issues, not lagging around or so, only I am visually, audibly and functionally affected.

I've already tried restarting, complete shutdown and start, closing Origin and re-opening it, deactivated any overlays NVidea or Discord might try to open, closing every other program active or in the background, nothing helps. And after up to an hour of wait, it miraculously vanishes like it never was there at all.

It happened in every version of Apex, even after countless patches, it's still there. And I've not seen anyone else having this issue.

I can give you my specs and Dxdiag if needed, just ask.

Message 1 of 4 (737 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@dnielbloqg 

Do you run any overlays in the background when you're experiencing this?

Try a clean boot and then launch the game as administrator. If it's a program running in the background while playing the game that's how we can find out.

Go to the game folder and right-click on r5apex.exe and select properties>Compatibilty>select "Disable fullscreen optimizations." That could help minimize the lag, too.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there!

Would you mind uploading a DxDiag for us or search it to see if you have "Killer Ethernet" in there?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Have you tried any connectivity troubleshooting at all? We have some steps below that help out.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (706 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello.

Thanks for the response. I've attached the DxDiag file to this response.

Regarding the connectivity troubleshouting: I've checked all the options and checked the UOTrace and nothing shows anything out of the ordinary. While having those lags, the friend I play with reports no visible lags for me or him ingame while I get periodic lags throughout the whole game. 

I've also noticed it happening in a lot of rounds recently, not so extreme though. Those lags too are periodic, they repeat every few seconds, and consist of my character slowing down a little bit and then speeding up to the actual location. It affects the whole game locally, being noticable during running, turning and fighting. It happens in 3 out of 5 games and is not extreme enough to really affect me playing, but still noticable in quiet parts of the round.

Message 3 of 4 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@dnielbloqg 

Do you run any overlays in the background when you're experiencing this?

Try a clean boot and then launch the game as administrator. If it's a program running in the background while playing the game that's how we can find out.

Go to the game folder and right-click on r5apex.exe and select properties>Compatibilty>select "Disable fullscreen optimizations." That could help minimize the lag, too.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (674 Views)