Re: Client Patch for Apex Legends - 7/16/2019

by The-Nazguul

Original Post

Client Patch for Apex Legends - 7/16/2019

Community Manager

Hello friends,

Client patch starting to roll out all platforms this morning and you'll need to download and update your client. Below are the issues addressed:

• Fixed issue where Lifeline’s D.O.C.'s Shock Finisher preview video not playing when viewed from the menu.

• Fixed issue with text overflow on the stats page.

• Fixed some cases of crashes related to game logic, client, and script errors.

• Fixed cases of players being set in non-optimal data centers.

• Season 1 stats have been temporarily removed as we work on some issues with it.

• Fixed bug where players would unlock the level 94 Battle Pass reward before they should [Octane’s loading screen].

• Fixed exploit where the HAVOC could fire full auto without charging up.

• Fixed some cases of the Care Package clipping through map geometry.

You can check out some of the other issues we’re working on in our dev tracker.

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 15 (1,984 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

thanks for the information ,, but have a small problem ,, from the update of S2 ,,my problems is ( when i use TP link  i get + 70% of packet loss ) ? is there a solution or update to fix this?

Message 2 of 15 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since the new update i am no longer earning XP or able to complete daily/weekly challenges on the season 2 battle pass. I've had 3 games now and completed challenges and earned xp but it isn't even registering I've had any games, when i click on the menu to get the stats for my last game its giving me the stats for the last game i had before the update. I've tried restarting it but nothing happens. I'm playing in a party and have just tried a game solo and it seemed to log it. Is the issue with playing in a party? 

Message 3 of 15 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Novice

What if the game wont even update??
Been trying to update the game since yesterday and it always freezes at 8.46GB.
I would love to try season 2 now, thanks..

Message 4 of 15 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game is unplayable right now. Crashes, code leafs. Season 2 has been been major disappointment so far. I have paid lots if money (cosmetics only). I just expect as a consumer that the product You are selling is working flawlesly. That is my right and Your right as seller/creator is to provide great product/service. But in real world...that is not the case. That is sad but true.

Message 5 of 15 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry my game is unplayable right now due to lag

Recently when i open the Apex application it is forcing me to select a "data center"

upon research i have learned it is best to pick the data center which has the lowest ping and lowest packet loss %

i followed those instructions and my game is lagging to the point where it is not playable still

no matter which data center i select the game is still not playable

why must i select a data center?? arent games supposed to place you in the best/correct server automatically?

someone please explain to me

what is a data center? what is packet loss %? this is ridiculous - i have never had to go through this with any other multiplayer game

my friend who lives within 10 miles does not have to select a data center and does not have any issue with lag

while in a party with him last night my chat would work perfectly fine while in pregame lobby but once we entered a match laggy gameplay and choppy communication started

after leaving the match and returning to lobby chat returned to normal

i place all the blame in this new data center feature - i just dont understand why it is a requirement for me and not my friend or other players

my internet connection is perfectly fine - i use LAN

i can confirm no issue with internet connection because i can play any other of my online multiplayer games with no issues or lag

i resorted to deleting the app and re-downloading last night after several disappointing and frustrating hours of horrible gameplay

still having issues

i would just like some explanation and resolution to this issue so i can continue to play one of my favorite games

i dont understand why i am forced to select a data center
Message 6 of 15 (1,239 Views)

Community Manager

@BEEhorv 

You shouldn't be getting prompted to select a datacenter, that option is simply there for players to use if necessary. Have you tried rebooting your internet connection by unplugging the modem/router for a few minutes? That will repair any issues with the current link established to our servers by creating a new one.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 15 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry yes i have tried rebooting my internet connection multiple times.

as i mentioned in my original post, it is not the internet connection.
it is not the modem. it is not the router.
all other games operate regularly after rebooting router and modem and re-establishing internet connection

what is your next recommendation/solution??
Message 8 of 15 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry i knew this or a version of this would be what i would receive as an "answer" to my post. That is why i mentioned the internet connection in my original post. to try and avoid this type of answer. disappointing to say the least....
i thought this would be a positive experience with an actual resolution to be found - i now know to temper my expectations and will simply wait until the new call of duty comes out - no more apex for me which, pains me to say
Message 9 of 15 (1,220 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Moozzambik,

As an ex-support manager in the 5th largest NBN re-seller in Australia, I can tell you that your modem is very unlikely to be effected by Apex legends.  More likely the issue is the server allocation.

Hope this helps

Message 10 of 15 (1,016 Views)