Re: Choppy gameplay on PC?

by -UK-Gojira

Original Post

Choppy gameplay on PC?

★★ Apprentice

I have been having issues with apex legends since Season 3 went live. I have tried everything you could imagine to fix these issues but nothing seems to have worked. So im posting here for some more help. I will list below everything i have tried so far and my computer specs. Please remember this issue is only in Apex Legends and now in other titles i play including Call of Duty,Battlefield V and Red Dead.

Specs

i7 8700k

32GB 3200 DDR4

500GB Samsung evo 970 pro m.2 (OS)

1 TB samsung Evo 860 SSD ( Game Drive)

2TB seagate Drive ( Data Drive)

Asus Strix 2080ti

i have an Acer 2560 x1440 @ 144hz and 1ms response monitor and thats connected to my computer via Display Port cable.

Things i have tried

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Apex Legends

• Uninstalling and reinstalling GPU driver using DDU to clean the drivers.

• Made some all windows and hardware drivers are update

• put all ingame settings to off or disabled

• Made sure Nvidia is using my dedicated GPU in the Nvidia settings

• Made some the apex is on high performance in Game settings

• Tried the game in Fullscreen and Windowed Mode

• tried the game at 1920 x 1080

• disable windows 10 game mode

• disabled Full Screen optimisations for Apex

I have noticed even with my settings on Low or disabled most of the time im only getting around 120 to 140 in game also i have G-Sync turned off on my monitor and ingame. I have overdrive set to Extreme and Low-Ultra latency switched to on in the monitor settings OSD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Hey @-UK-Gojira 

Have you already checked out my troubleshooting guide?
Can you try the steps there and let me know if that changed anything.

Zeel's Troubleshooting Guide 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Last night i had some progress for fixing this issue.

So i decided to disabled everything that starts in the background on my computer. restarted and then loaded up apex..no issues at all. So next i closed down apex. I allowed LG HUB,Icue and steelseries engine to start up. Restarted and loaded Apex..The issue reappeared..So it has to be one of these that is causing my game to have this issue.

So i decided to disabled LG HUB first. Loaded Apex and there issue was still there. So it was not that software causing the issue. Next i disabled Icue..Restarted and loaded apex..The issue had Disappeared so far. I played around 10 matches and everything is smooth and my fps increased.

Hopefully it was just Icue that was causing all these issues and now i will be able to play without any issues.
Message 3 of 3 (180 Views)