Re: Cheating Problem And Solituons

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheating Problem And Solituons

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm 800+ hours of playtime and i've come across too many cheaters over time. A video was shared on youtube through a friend of mine.  video uploaded 2 days ago. There is no theoretical solution to cheating, no matter how hard you try, someone is always cheating.How can players be kept away from cheating in a game played with a free account?Or how do you distinguish between good players and cheaters?

SOLUTION 1:

Actually the solution is simple. You know APEX Legends maximum level 500.If you put players up to 250 level on separate servers. Those who open a new account and play the game with cheats will leave.Since it takes a long time to reach level 250, players who go above level 250 will stay away from cheating in order not to be banned for cheating, not to lose their characters and other rewards they have earned.The only loss of the person who is currently banned for cheating is 10 minutes. (time to create a new account and reconnect)It uses a similar system to CS:GO,EA Games can do better than this.

SOLUTION 2:

Although it is not very difficult to make my first solution, if you do not accept it, I have a second idea. "Verified account system" The verified account system will be as follows. A low verification fee will be charged by credit card. (The fee will be less than $1 and Credit card information is important, when the account is banned, the credit card will not work in any EA game again and an information pool will be created with the credit cards used by the cheaters)other players with verified accounts will be separated.

SOLUTION 3:

Companies such as Steam, Epic Games, EA should jointly establish a system. Players who will be included in this system for a certain fee. In case of cheating, it will be banned from all platforms. Companies will include the lists of the players they have already banned in this system. The fact that the players included in this system have certain rank, reward etc. additional features will make the system more attractive.Players included in the system will be separate from other players.

[CM - Edited to remove link showing player names]

Message 1 of 8 (728 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Other players, how are my solutions?

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (623 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @l_mRGogo, thanks for all the feedback here.

I have edited the video link out as we don't allow players to be called out on the forums. Hopefully your friend was able to report that player as well, but if they didn't have a chance at the time, do keep in mind players can always be reported through this form in addition to the in-game options. 

That's certainly not the only way cheating is addressed, but those reports are definitely helpful and much appreciated. 

Thanks again for the additional thoughts here as well!

Mako.png
Message 2 of 8 (701 Views)

★ Guide

First of all, thanks for the explanation. What do you think about my solutions? I hope you're not the only one reading my suggestions. I'm saying this for EA to hear. It does not reach a conclusion by only reporting the cheaters. EA seems to think there is an acceptable number of cheats Please help my solution suggestions to reach higher authorities. 

Message 3 of 8 (684 Views)

Community Manager

@l_mRGogo

I would definitely agree that relying purely on other players to report cheaters wouldn't solve the issue alone, and fortunately we do approach this situation from a number of different angles.

Just to be clear, there is not an acceptable number of cheats. Cheating is extremely harmful for the game and goes against the entire notion of a fair playing field. We're constantly working to keep that playing field fair and you can read a bit more about that here.

As our detection and prevention methods improve, cheaters will look for ways to bypass them. It's a vicious cycle that's part of a constant ongoing battle and not something we take lightly.

Thanks again greatly for your efforts into keeping the game fair. This type of feedback is continually passed along and discussed on our end, much appreciated. Thumbs up 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 8 (676 Views)

★ Guide

The systems developed by EA are not a solution to the fact that opening a free account is only 10 minutes. Existing systems cannot solve this situation. 
I think the opinions of the players (or your customers) are not taken care of by EA. As a Gamer, why am I trying to develop a solution to get rid of cheaters?
It's a solution that even those working at EA can simply consider. Instead of looking for a solution to this problem, it is ridiculous to pass it off for years. 

What is your solution for cheaters to bother me by opening an new account again? It's like, the tap is open, the house is filling with water. EA only cleans wet areas. (EA wants players to show the wet places )

Message 5 of 8 (664 Views)

★ Guide

Other players, how are my solutions?

Message 6 of 8 (624 Views)

★ Guide

Only other users and moderators can see what is written in this forum. I wish you could take our suggestions into consideration and respond.

Message 7 of 8 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It seem like combining all 3 solutions would do wonders, however i have a 4th that i believed was already implemented: Putting together a seperate server for cheaters so that they arent aware they have been noticed and to let them continue on their merry way. Just a thought.

Message 8 of 8 (331 Views)