Re: Cheaters

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Cheaters

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have spent thousands on this game to stay competitive and near the top of the game. I watched in horror today at the simplicity of how people in this game have been able to cheat. Over the last 6 months I have piled on the money to try and stay out ahead of what I though was the curve, only to find out it was a simple cheating bot. 

I am expecting a full refund for at minimum the last six month due to this sickening revelation. 

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars and expect a direct response ASAP 

Message 1 of 10 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @jiggamanyaheard 

We can make nothing on this forum we are only comminty players.

If you are in game and suspect another user of cheating then please report them using the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

If we have answer to your question please accept solution Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (1,003 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@jiggamanyaheard 

I also advise you to delete your ID of your message to avoid any other problem Standard smile.

Message 3 of 10 (1,002 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @jiggamanyaheard,

I'm afraid we are unable to process refund requests on the forums and the support team would not be able to assist with returns for purchases made outside of Origin (check out this article for more on that). Depending on what device you play STAR WARS™: Galaxy Of Heroes on you would need to get in touch with Apple or Google Play to see if you are eligible for a refund on your in-game purchases.

On the reports of cheating in Grand Arena recently, CG_SBCrumbs made an announcement yesterday on the topic including how to let SWGOH know about any cheating you are seeing, I'll pop that particular quote below: 

"Report Players on the Forums
Here on the forums, please be sure to report any and all suspicious behavior directly to CG_Leviathan. We investigate all actionable reports of cheating and wherever possible, we will attempt to rectify any impact to players who report, and are found to be affected by, cheating, so that they can continue to enjoy themselves and achieve their best results. If possible, providing screenshots or video of your experience can significantly help in the investigation.

Report Players In-Game

1. Tap on a player to bring up their profile from Chat or Guild/Ally rosters or invites.
  2. Tap Mute/Report.
  3. Choose the Report Category: Offensive Language, Offensive Name, or Cheating.
  4. Tap Confirm and then Report

cheaters 1.jpg

cheaters 2.png"

To read more on it, here's a link to that thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211095/cheating-in-galaxy-of-heroes

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 10 (978 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna, I was just talking to someone on EA support and they said to make all refund requests here on the forum. I tried contacting Google but they said that the purchases over 48 hrs don't meet their policy for refunds and I must contact the developer. I tried contacting the developer and now I am here, I am just getting run around.

Message 5 of 10 (1,000 Views)

Refund request

★★ Novice

I was talking on Satya on EA chat support about getting refunds on my July purchases because of the cheating abuse that happened during GAC. I tried contacting Google already and they said that all requests over 48hrs must be done with the developer, so I tried going through chat but Satya told me to post any refund requests should be posted to the forums. If you would like to look at the chat transcripts on that, the case number is 50118921. I would just like to know where to make my request for refunds since Google has told me to contact the developer. 

Message 6 of 10 (967 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Canadafett, I'm sorry if the support advisor said that. I'll flag that internally so the advisor can have the correct information for next time.

I know this is not what you were hoping to hear but this is not something we can assist with. The support team do not have your purchases in order to process a refund. If you're on Android, your purchases are made through the Google Play store. From what you've shared, they've let you know that you do not meet their criteria for a refund.

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 10 (989 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes but they say to contact the developer for any refunds over 48 hr?

Message 8 of 10 (983 Views)

@Canadafett I believe Google and Apple have a short window on refunds, because that exists for players who buy an app, don't like it, and regret their purchase. Most stores have a statue of limitations on return policies for similar reasons.

In this situation, you are asking for a refund for old purchases because you believe you were impacted by cheating. That is not really the intent behind Google or Apple's refund policies, which is likely why they are referring you back to EA.

If you have information that supports that cheating impacted you directly, you could reach out to customer support and see if you can be compensated. However, just because cheating opportunities existed at the time, and you lost some battles during that time, it does not mean your opponents cheated.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Canadafett.

I understand. They've redirected you to us as the refund request exceeded their 48hr window for refunds (source). There may be extenuating circumstances where developers decide to provide compensation or a refund for a problem in game but we are not planning any refunds for this issue and the EA Help support team do not assist with refunds requests outside of EA's refund policy

I’m sorry I cannot help you any further outside of encouraging you to report any suspicious activity using the methods I shared above from CG_SBCRumbs announcement (edit to add: I've popped them into spoiler tag below also). Cheating is something we take very seriously (see here and here), and we appreciate any help identifying cheaters and exploits.

Spoiler

"Report Players on the Forums
Here on the forums, please be sure to report any and all suspicious behavior directly to CG_Leviathan. We investigate all actionable reports of cheating and wherever possible, we will attempt to rectify any impact to players who report, and are found to be affected by, cheating, so that they can continue to enjoy themselves and achieve their best results. If possible, providing screenshots or video of your experience can significantly help in the investigation.

Report Players In-Game

1. Tap on a player to bring up their profile from Chat or Guild/Ally rosters or invites.
  2. Tap Mute/Report.
  3. Choose the Report Category: Offensive Language, Offensive Name, or Cheating.
  4. Tap Confirm and then Report

cheaters 1.jpg

cheaters 2.png"

Message 10 of 10 (893 Views)