Cheat Mod on Nexus Mods (GameModeInfo and Improved Starcard Loadouts)

by TheGamerSeal

Original Post

Cheat Mod on Nexus Mods (GameModeInfo and Improved Starcard Loadouts)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello.

Over the past few weeks of playing Hero Showdown, I have encountered a highly disruptive issue numerous times. I've noticed that most of the time now, when playing Palpatine for example, the opponent just happens to choose Yoda (a major counter to Palpatine). Also, when you're Boba Fett, and your opponent just happens to be using Finn (the one character that almost no long-term players use)? There's a reason for these frequent coincidences: a mod on Nexus Mods' Battlefront II section titled "GameModeInfo and Improved Starcard Loadouts".

Although this mod possesses a few features that many players would agree should have been in the game at launch back in 2017, one feature of the mod allows players in hero modes to see who every player is using from the character selection menu. Hero Showdown is a gamemode where you are supposed to adapt to whatever situation you are faced with, and with some heroes or villains having more than one hard counter (see above examples), it should be obvious that this mod's use is wrong.

I would like to request that swift action be taken to have this mod's presence removed from the game. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4 (3,347 Views)

Re: Cheat Mod on Nexus Mods (GameModeInfo and Improved Starcard Loadouts)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This mod just gives you infos about the game mode and the map you're playing on...

And as you say it adds features for starcards that should have been in the game since the beginning...

Very useful post little policeman, i guess you're the kind of player crying about hack when you can't hit BB8 or BB9E cause you can't manage their dodges x'D

Message 2 of 4 (3,011 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"Hero Showdown is a game mode where you are supposed to adapt to whatever situation you are faced with." Exactly, Karen, so why don't you adapt to a situation in which your opponents know how to counter you and not just complain like a spoiled child when you lose a game?

Message 3 of 4 (2,225 Views)

★ Novice

Dude, seriously, you just don’t know how to play as Palpatine and you’re trying to argue something without knowing anything about the mechanics. Think about it, on Palpatine you can easily trick Yoda into attacking by approaching him point-blank and dodging, and if he is standing in a block, then use melee correctly - by the way, it reduces Yoda’s stamina bar. You can also use a back dodge to stun Yoda with an ability. This is just what I remembered. And the fact that you expressed inept dissatisfaction here did not change the situation, the mod is simply located 2 buttons longer. And he exposed himself to everyone as an inept player. Since all the mechanics I described can be viewed in guides on YouTube in just 2 clicks. Please use the Internet and before writing anything, first collect all the required information from different points of view.

Message 4 of 4 (680 Views)