Chat offline

by Zomy2000

Original Post

Chat Offline

★★★ Newbie

My Chat says i am Offline. However, I can still launch Apex Legends with no friends online.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Questionable-Posts/Origin-Friends-Unavailable-or-Offline/td-p/5886322

This leads to a "Access Denied Page". I have reinstalled Origin 3 times.

Message 11 of 18 (627 Views)

Re: Chat Offline

Community Manager

Hey, Legends.

We've seen others fix this by deleting Origin and re-downloading the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Are you all able to get it online by running Origin as administrator or by launching it under a different Windows user profile? (this is how we can narrow it down to a permissions restriction)

Quick question: Are you all on a public network like at a school or business? We tend to see some firewall restrictions for our games at universities because of their IT department protecting school assets.

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 18 (628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have deleted/uninstalled Origin and reinstalled using the newest origin installer multiple times, but no luck. I also have run origin using admin privs and no luck either.

Message 13 of 18 (623 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, running as administration doesn't help, and neither does using another user. haven't tried origin re-install yet tho.

Message 14 of 18 (610 Views)

★★★ Novice

Private home network, and nothing u suggested works.

Message 15 of 18 (595 Views)

need help with ** offline chat **

★★ Novice

hello all we have in Egypt issue with chat it's theme that it's taking 2 weeks for the last update of the apex legends and i can't play with myfriend orchat with them because every time i open the origin it's said offline chat 2 times or 3 it's work for awhile and stop again idk why plz help

Message 16 of 18 (608 Views)

Re: need help with ** offline chat **

Community Manager

Hey, all. 

This is likely a local network conflict with the Origin client. Here are some things that we recommend trying that have been successful for other players:

Related posts:

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 18 (575 Views)

Re: Chat offline

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, i tried this fix and now my games borders launch and look like there from Windows '07

Message 18 of 18 (461 Views)