Re: Chat issues

by Ahrngrim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chat issues

★★★ Novice

Hello.

I'm having a serious issue with chat , im F2P player and i'm currently lvl 68 but when i try to type in chat im getting an error message that f2p players cant type until level 25 
Chat was working 2 hours ago and it suddenly started giving me this message 

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks

Message 1 of 13 (2,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

@Snow_Sentinel

I have an update for you, and I apologize for the delay of this information.

Characters boosted with Level 60 or 65 Outlander Tokens are not able to use Public Channels (General, PvP, Trade, Say, etc.) on F2P accounts. They're still able to use Group/Party/Guild chat. Upgrading to Preferred loosens these restrictions, and upgrading to Premium Subscriber removes them.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (2,670 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Snow_Sentinel

Did you get squelched or someone report anything you said?  Does it work on other characters above level 25?  Do other chats like whisper, guild, warzone work?  Logging out then back in after a few minutes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 13 (2,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply and No i havent really wrote anything but the whispers from that character and im currently playing on my lvl 50 and it works great  for that character but not for my other one.

Message 3 of 13 (2,322 Views)

@EA_Kipling

I have seen in the past chat issues with characters created at level 65 not able to chat , this maybe related even though this character is lvl68 now

Any Thoughts ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 13 (2,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@Snow_Sentinel @proxos666

Definitely odd, chat restrictions should be lifted as long there is a non-boosted char leveled past 25 on the account, which you definitely meet if you have a Level 50 that you're playing, much less chatting successfully with. I'll look into it and come back to the thread later.

Message 5 of 13 (2,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update : Got the character to level 69 still not beeing able to chat. It displays the same message that i have to be level 25 , curious enough /me works .

Message 6 of 13 (2,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@Snow_Sentinel

I have a suspicion that since the chat level requirement was increased, a character on your account hasn't crossed the level 25 -> 26 threshold, which should enable public chats on your account.

Do you have any lower level characters near level 25 that you could level up to 26 to hopefully enable the chat? Edit: see my latest post.

Message 7 of 13 (2,254 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@EA_Kipling

Can we get an more orderly info on the new Chat Restrictions from BWA?

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 8 of 13 (2,249 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Ahrngrim

We're not really allowed to go into detail, but the new level requirement to chat should be 25 (obviously that's not properly functioning with this particular boosted character), and any further info should be found in this post by Eric Musco.

Message 9 of 13 (2,242 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Snow_Sentinel

I have an update for you, and I apologize for the delay of this information.

Characters boosted with Level 60 or 65 Outlander Tokens are not able to use Public Channels (General, PvP, Trade, Say, etc.) on F2P accounts. They're still able to use Group/Party/Guild chat. Upgrading to Preferred loosens these restrictions, and upgrading to Premium Subscriber removes them.

Message 10 of 13 (2,671 Views)