Character immediately looks at Ceiling upon spawn and can't look back down

by Stormageddon99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Character immediately looks at Ceiling upon spawn and can't look back down

★★★★ Novice

Ever since the new patch, I have this issue where as soon as I spawn, my character immediately looks up to the ceiling and stays there. I can turn around but he is stuck staring the ceiling and I cant look back down. I've tried reinstalling my game and deleting the file in the documents folder but it didn't solve it. I believe it maybe some conflict in the keybindings, as I have switched my abilities to the keys :1,2,3 and the HUD shows it on the bottom right, but I can only activate them with the original Q,E,F keys. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Character immediately looks at Ceiling upon spawn and can't look back down

★★★★ Novice

Hi Everyone,

I managed to fix my issue by going to device manager, and uninstalling/disabling all of my gaming controller related drivers. I'm not quite sure which one was the one causing the issue.

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (1,288 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I purchased this game on November 17. I was unable to get it loaded and working until November 20th. I played for a couple days until the 1.03 patch came out in which I had to suffer through major lag and rubberbanding which left me no other choice than to log off and search for a solution, which, of course, wasn't one. Today, I updated with the new patch with my fingers crossed and now I got this nonsense posted above to deal with. My character enters the battle field and it is looking straight up and is continuously going in circles. It can jump and shoot, throw a grenade but it cannot move forward, backwards or left to right, just circles. I reset my keyboard setting while in game and no good. I am sick and tired of of re-installing windows, origin, this game and re-installing the patches for every piece of hard ware I have and having to keep coming to these boards with little hope of finding answer to the latest bug, that seems to infest this game. This game has been UNPLAYABLE for weeks!!! When will get a playable game? Fix this game, give me my money back, or at least store credit so I can buy something that actually works. Enough already!

Message 2 of 13 (1,258 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've got the exact same problem. Unplayable since the new patch. We need a fix, this is really bad for a AAA game.

Message 3 of 13 (1,250 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone!

What platform are you playing on? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 13 (1,240 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Playing on PC.

Message 5 of 13 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me. Except mine gets stuck downwards. Probably because you have your controls inverted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCF03Dp4xo

Message 6 of 13 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am running on a PC with an i7 processor, 12 gigs of ram, with an Nvidia G-Force 670 with 4 gigs of ram. I did manage to get 31 hours of flawless game play until the 1.03 patch when the rubberbanding started and today's patch when this stuck looking up, twirling thing happened. Game has been unplayable for the last couple of weeks.  

Message 7 of 13 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Everyone,

I managed to fix my issue by going to device manager, and uninstalling/disabling all of my gaming controller related drivers. I'm not quite sure which one was the one causing the issue.

Message 8 of 13 (1,289 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks. This worked for me. I had an older vJoy device controller installed some time ago. Uninstalled driver. Fixed the issue. 

Message 9 of 13 (1,197 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also had a vJoy device installed. Uninstalling it fixed the problem.

The thing is, I had this device installed since day 1 and never had a problem with the game until today.

It would be nice that DICE looks into that problem further.

Message 10 of 13 (1,181 Views)