Re: Changing email address associated with SWGoH account

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Changing email address associated with SWGoH account

★ Novice

Is it possible to change the email address associated with my SWGoH account?  The Gmail email address I am currently using for my account is being phased out, and I would like to change to a different Gmail email address that I recently created.  Is it possible to change the email address of my account, and not lose any of my progress?

Message 1 of 2 (3,376 Views)

Re: Changing email address associated with SWGoH account

Community Manager

For EA games on PC and Console, you'd need to make sure the email address registered to the Origin account is one you can access. So, you'd be best updating the email address on your Origin account asap.  I'd recommend updating the email address on your Origin account either way as if you need to reach out to the Support team, they'll need to be able to contact you and the email on the account is how they'd do that.

For mobile games, like SWGOH, it's a bit different. In order to back up your game progress on SWGOH and not play on an anonymous account, you'd need to link your game to your Google Play or Game Center account. As long as the email linked to your Google Play/Game Center account is one you've access to, you should be fine in terms of retaining SWGOH game saves. #

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (3,366 Views)