Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Certain Keyboard Keys not working after Respawn

by Reposter

Original Post

Certain Keyboard Keys not working after Respawn

★ Guide

Hi guys, I notice whenever I get fragged and have to Respawn in Freeplay, the "I", "O", "M" and Esc keys do not work. I can still control my Javelin but I cannot use the Map, Social, Forge, Tracked and Settings Menu screen.

I tried Alt+Tab to test if my keyboard is working and all the keys can still type on notepad or Internet Explorer. The only solution I have when this happens is to Alt+F4 and restart the game to get all the keys working again,

Do not know if anyone else is having this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

Re: Certain Keyboard Keys not working after Respawn

Community Manager

@Reposter That's an odd one. Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet?

-EA_Cade
Message 2 of 5 (275 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Cade Did not think about repairing the game, but a few days before this issue happened I did repair the game twice because I was not connecting to the game servers, so should I repair again?

The thing is I rarely get fragged but it does happen sometimes when I am testing a new build.
Message 3 of 5 (272 Views)

Community Manager

@Reposter Repairing in that case probably won't help. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams. 

-EA_Cade
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do have this issue right now. 27.06.2019 11 oclock German Time.

It happened several times before but so rarely i cant find out if this is happening after beeing shot to pieces or just finsihing anything on thee Freeplay Map Areas. If i recall it correctly it always happened in freeplay. bec i never needed to open map on expeditions into Strongholds, and then it s so bovious that oneself is not able to use map.

Would be nice to have that fixed. ALT-F4 is the only option now or just waiting to be reloaded into Tarsis by waiting until time runs out of beeing afk..

Message 5 of 5 (154 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help