Original Post

Career Mode- Top Teams getting relegated

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? not applicable
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing career mode (Premier League)
What happens when the bug occurs? I am playing career mode (Premier League) and I dont know if this is a deliberate attempt by EA to ruin the experience or just a glitch but its happened on 2 out of 2 career modes for me and its driving me crazy. The top 6 clubs (Man United, City, Chelsea etc) are all finishing either in the relegation zone, or lower half of the table. It seems like a deliberate 'fantasy' by EA perhaps inspired by the highly unlikely Leicester league win a few years ago and I say that because the commentators EVERY game highlight how poor chelsea have been this season. Even though chelsea arent my opponent, they still feel the need to say the same thing about them, plus it shows their league position (14th) at the start of every one of my games (doesnt even show my league position or my opponents!). The commentators also talk about how Bournemouth are high in the league (11 points clear)... this is season 1 btw, so its all the default squads. Its completely ruining my game. Is it so hard for EA to integrate a mechanic in the game to ensure the top teams actually win games???
What should be happening instead? The top clubs should be challenging for the league title!!!!

I am playing career mode (Premier League) and I dont know if this is a deliberate attempt by EA to ruin the experience or just a glitch but its happened on 2 out of 2 career modes for me and its driving me crazy.  The top 6 clubs (Man United, City, Chelsea etc) are all finishing either in the relegation zone, or lower half of the table.  It seems like a deliberate 'fantasy' by EA perhaps inspired by the highly unlikely Leicester league win a few years ago and I say that because the commentators EVERY game highlight how poor chelsea have been this season.  Even though chelsea arent my opponent, they still feel the need to say the same thing about them, plus it shows their league position (14th) at the start of every one of my games (doesnt even show my league position or my opponents!).  The commentators also talk about how Bournemouth are high in the league (11 points clear at the top!!!!)... this is season 1 btw, so its all the default squads.  Its completely ruining my game.  Is it so hard for EA to integrate a mechanic in the game to ensure the top teams actually win games and challenge each other for the league title???

Message 1 of 1 (886 Views)