Original Post

Career Mode Problems Fifa 18

★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Robert_Peat
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play career mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just the realism of the game isn't there and it's really disappointing.
What should be happening instead? The game should not be like this.

• Hi guys, hope all Is well. I really enjoy career mode, it's the main reason I buy Fifa every year. Squad hub, it's a great new feature. However when viewing a player you can't see all of their attributes I.E Strength, Penalties, Vision & you can't view any of the GK attributes at all. I prefer the view from last year where you can see all of the stats on one screen, you also can't see without counting how many players you have in your club, which is a bit of a pain. When signing a player on a one year contract, you can't offer them a new contact throughout the season, it says "This player signed In August 2017" for example and his contact just expires at the end of the season. Players you have loaned In you can use them In Swap Deals, which Is completely wrong because they aren't your player. Players you sign, that same season you can't loan out, like for example I can't loan out a high potential youth player, or a young player. If you sign someone in August, you also can't try and sell them in January because it says they have just joined you. The youth players too, the pool of names Is really short, a lot of them tend to have the same name or same select few of names and a lot of outfield players have 1 star skill moves which is what goalkeepers normally have. When managing a national team you can't change their squad numbers like on last years game. Pre contract signings, you can sign players from other clubs after the start of the transfer window, say In November, players with 6 months left on their contact you can sign them on pre contacts and they join you in January? This doesn't happen In real life, they should join you at the end of the season / start of next season. You also can't offer to buy players in the last year of their contact after the start of the first transfer window you can only approach them. I don't mind the new features this year, the new cut scenes are cool however don't really Improve the game experience.
Message 1 of 37 (39,836 Views)

Re: Career Mode Problems Fifa 18

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly! Same problems! EA please fix them!

Message 2 of 37 (39,586 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’ve just completed my first season, signed some players on precontract agreements and they never arrive. That’s the major issue I have with the new career mode. I quite like the squad hub and the transfer hub though!
Message 3 of 37 (39,578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have problems in Xbox ONE. carrera, not work.... 

Message 4 of 37 (39,523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Experiencing same issues although I read just now that if you start the career mode with 'disable first transfer window' off, the issue doesn't happen and players will join when they are supposed to after agreeing to a free transfer.
Message 5 of 37 (39,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think career mode in fifa18 is the worst from all the fifa games, it is cool with several new features but its to unrealistic and too buggy.

I had a lot of loan offers for my youth players, and none of them successful and they stucked in my team, i put pedro and diego costa to transfer list and i had zero offers for them.

And then there's a another bug i think, all of the transfers from Epl is defenders only, key players like clyne, coleman, rose, shaw and they all transferred to smaller foreign teams without being replace.
Message 6 of 37 (39,252 Views)

★★ Novice

There are quite a few bugs in the career mode this year, but overall it is fun, do like the negotations. Only thing ive noticed so far is contract renewals, takes the full wage out of your budget again when it should only really take out the extra your intending to pay them.

Not sure how i feel about the all year round available transfer negotations, seems odd and unrealistic as teams dont do that in real life and then just wait for the new window, unless theyve less than 6 months left on their contract.

Message 7 of 37 (39,212 Views)

★★★ Novice
I sold my player to Bolton. I got the confirmation email and everything. But afterwards the player is still in my squad and I never got the money. Ok... then in the squad hub it says that the player is "joining Bolton when the transfer window opens". What kind of a monster would do this?

Can't buy players who have less than a year left in their contracts? This is borderline game-breaking for me. I mean c'mon!

Also I'm not able to transfer list many of my players with no apparent reason. I'm being forced to carry a dead-weight forward who's the highest paid player in my team. Why?

Also the "Breaking news" about my team are mostly just not accurate. Like in a preview: " Fans will know not to expect O'Keefe to start after his sending off in the last game". I have never gotten a red card. O'Keefe was even listed in the predicted line-up in the same preview!! Also one of my forwards has a " 11 game goalless draught" when really he's actually played 5 games the whole season.

"I can offer you a wage of 3,500"
"My client wants 4.800"
"That's a bit high for me. 3,900?"
"My client wont take anything under 5000."
"Ok... 4,500?"
"My client wont take anything under 5200."
What kind of a negotiation is this??
Message 8 of 37 (38,525 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just now, I simulated a game, where my player got a red card. I got an email that he has a one game suspension. Then international break. After the last international friendly, I get an email saying the suspension is over. What?
Message 9 of 37 (38,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The swops of players on loan to other player it really stupid !))
Message 10 of 37 (38,156 Views)