Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Career Mode Issues Megathread

by blackhole414

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Career Mode Issues Megathread

★★★★★ Apprentice
@timosdm Exactly, if EA just gave us a response with an estimated date of a fix such as in a weeks time rather than repeating "Our team are looking into it" then they wouldn't have this many complaints. The communication is appalling.
Message 121 of 795 (1,522 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

@13629-Lt wrote:
@timosdm Exactly, if EA just gave us a response with an estimated date of a fix such as in a weeks time rather than repeating "Our team are looking into it" then they wouldn't have this many complaints. The communication is appalling.

I'm looking to see whether it's something we can talk more about.

Ultimately different issues can take different lengths of time to fix, and sometimes fixes can get pushed back as well. That's why we don't generally give estimated time frames because they can often change causing more frustration.

I do understand you want more info. If it's something we can give more detailed answers to then we will, but I want to set expectations that it's not something I can promise at the moment.

- Andy -

Message 122 of 795 (1,302 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the update, I really hope this gets solved soon. I don't play career mode much but it's sad to see such a mode with huge potential being broken.

Message 123 of 795 (1,303 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@13629-Lt They are braindead enough to announce it on pitch notes as fixed (regarding the AI playing best XI) but some 1 year experience in coding dude coded it wrong. I always was a PC guy but now being a dad I don't have that much time for patches and stuff like that so I got the PS4 Standard version (thank God) because I don't play FUT and I don't care if I play 4-5 days earlier because knowing EA you know you better be playing demo than the early access version of any EA games.

Shame on you EA, you find time to delete threads and bug reports but you can't find enough time to actually look at the bugs. This sh*t is the same as advertising a Ferrari but getting a red Lada.

Message 124 of 795 (1,285 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Andy I do appreciate the quick reply even though you are still beating around the bush a bit if I'm honest.
I realise you are not in the position to be making promises but do know that we would appreciate it if EA would address the different bugs.
For example: Display the different bugs you as a company are aware of at the moment and if they are being handled or if you didn't even start on them.
We realise your technical staff has a lot on their plate as we all have played the flawed Career Mode.

Just a bit of transparancy in this Modern age would be very nice.
Remember EA, this a generation of mass information, we are used to knowing. It's not FIFA '98 anymore lads.
Message 125 of 795 (1,258 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi Andy, @EA_Andy 

I have been playing Fifa 18 CM for two years after the reported issues with Fifa 19. I however digitally downloaded Fifa 20 this morning on seeing the considerable updates to CM you have updated this year. I have played Fifa products for 20 years and feel quite loyal to the game, I have probably spent over £1000.00 on this product over the years buying each years new release. (This probably relates to a lot of the community here) I only play CM.... 

Seeing these launch issues is just simply ridiculous and heartbreaking... £60 spent on what? something that simply is unplayable... 

I haven't got my hands on the game yet as I am stuck at work. (Maybe thats a good thing - seeing all this negative feedback).

The community needs answers.... 

Firstly - Can you give your customers any feedback on when you will be able to do anything with this game? people have paid £50+ for something that simply doesn't work. Your customers need more than "we have passed it on" we need a "it will be fixed by"

Secondly - I understand games can have issues, I am reasonable enough to work with you on this however if I tonight and over the weekend spend 10+ hours building the start of my career will the patch, fix existing saved games of CM or do we need to wait until the fix is uploaded to restart a new career mode? 

The second question answered will help alot of people short term know if they even can play the game for a little bit..... (pre-season just got more interesting before the season kicks off).

Thanks... 

Message 126 of 795 (1,242 Views)
Highlighted

@timosdm wrote:
@EA_Andy I do appreciate the quick reply even though you are still beating around the bush a bit if I'm honest.
I realise you are not in the position to be making promises but do know that we would appreciate it if EA would address the different bugs.
For example: Display the different bugs you as a company are aware of at the moment and if they are being handled or if you didn't even start on them.
We realise your technical staff has a lot on their plate as we all have played the flawed Career Mode.

Just a bit of transparancy in this Modern age would be very nice.
Remember EA, this a generation of mass information, we are used to knowing. It's not FIFA '98 anymore lads.

I've edited the original post and made a comment below the current bugs that are in the original post.

All of these have been sent up to the QA teams to make sure they're tracked and to make sure teams are aware. I know this is the case because I'm the one who has sent them up.

If any new bugs are reported they should get edited below my comment so I know they're new.

So essentially we're aware of everything that has been reported in this thread.

- Andy -

Message 127 of 795 (1,231 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Being aware of it isn't the point. This was stuff that was broken last year that you advertised as working this year. Do you honestly think that's good enough?

Message 128 of 795 (1,216 Views)
Highlighted

@longjohn789 wrote:

Hi Andy, @EA_Andy 

Firstly - Can you give your customers any feedback on when you will be able to do anything with this game? people have paid £50+ for something that simply doesn't work. Your customers need more than "we have passed it on" we need a "it will be fixed by"

Secondly - I understand games can have issues, I am reasonable enough to work with you on this however if I tonight and over the weekend spend 10+ hours building the start of my career will the patch, fix existing saved games of CM or do we need to wait until the fix is uploaded to restart a new career mode? 

The second question answered will help alot of people short term know if they even can play the game for a little bit..... (pre-season just got more interesting before the season kicks off).

Thanks... 

First question I've already answered - it's nothing something we're talking more about at the moment but if that changes we'll definitely update this thread.

Second one - it's really hard to give a definitive answer on this until we know exactly how each specific issue affects Career Mode. In the past some of the bugs that were fixed meant you had to start a new save for the change to be implemented, I would imagine it will be similar for some of the reported issues this time around, but right now I can't say 100%.

- Andy -

Message 129 of 795 (1,516 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

But whats the point if we get the fix 2 months before the Fifa 21 comes out? Is that fair?

Message 130 of 795 (1,399 Views)
Twitter Stream