Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Career Mode Issues Megathread

by blackhole414

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Career Mode Issues Megathread

★ Apprentice
@MrSkittles93 That's excatly where they fkd up the coding, they bunch of inexperienced people. Because indeed when you play Big team vs big team they use their best eleven.
Message 171 of 795 (1,606 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

EA's AI -system is the Brick Tamland of AI-systems, know that! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor brick tamland

Message 172 of 795 (1,526 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks EA for your bag of toilet product. Every year I take Friday off from work (coz I'm lame) and jam the new experience all day long. I was so happy to be interrupted this time round by family members, it came as a relief. I didn't go back to it, I watched netflix instead and actually decided to find this years release hilarious. I have checked out virtually everyone's messages here and I guess EA is a reflection of the world we live in 2019. Not many companies care anymore. 

Next year I wont take a days leave unless I hear great reports from the bold and brave EA early access folk and the youtubers that provide valuable insight.

Thanks again EA... REALLY THANKS😤😤😤

Message 173 of 795 (1,356 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
So #FixCareerMode is now trending on twitter, the Independent and Sportsbible have both published negative things about Fifa 20. The /Fifa and /FifaCareers subreddits on Reddit have huge numbers of upvotes on threads detailing bugs in the game. People are literally getting refunds from where they purchased the game due to this.

Yet not a peep from any official EA Source to even so much as communicate or apologise to anyone regarding this sham!

The bugs from the last few years have never been cleaned up, they've literally got worse in some cases for this release.

Career mode needs to start fresh from next year. They need to urgently fix this year's edition then give us something new next year (yes we said this last year...and the year before..and the year before).

Message 174 of 795 (1,274 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I'd love to know who is advising EA (if anyone) inside or out of the organisation, on how to handle this situation because they're doing a really bad job.

At first, I can see why they looked to bury it, delete comments and threads, serve forum users timeouts.  Now though, things are gathering some momentum with negative reviews in national publications, #fixcareermode trending on twitter, the worst way to handle this is to put their heads in the sand and hope it will go away, IT WON'T.

After the way they've treated their customers over this I don't have much respect left for EA, but if they'd just come out and hold their hands up and give us some signposting (however vague) on how they intend to handle this sh*tfest.....Then maybe it would be a step towards reconciliation with their customer base.

Apply some logic to this EA, sort some of the easiest fixes and release a small patch quickly, then ask (humbly) for more time.  Bad PR is just an opportunity to get good PR....if you deal with it in the right way!

Message 175 of 795 (1,074 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Just wanted to get everyone a heads up that we have talked a bit more about CM on Twitter. Here's the main points:

Corey.PNG

Message 176 of 795 (1,055 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

At least it seems that you guys are working on the issues. I planned to try Career Mode the Weekend, now I'll do something else and wait for the patch.

Message 177 of 795 (983 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Andy So we've had to get #FixCareerMode trending, an NBA star posting a picture, and news websites writing articles just to finally be told that there is no time frame for when the game will be able to work as it was advertised. In past years, these patches have taken months, or just never happened (many of the glitches we are currently complaining about have been recurring since FIFA 18????). When will we get the explanation as to how these bugs that were blatantly obvious within 30 minutes of gameplay were not fixed prior to release? Does nobody test the game???
Message 178 of 795 (977 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

So what im going to do now, is get my 89.99€ back because you false advertised features for Fifa 20. Then im going to buy Pes. And maybe when you fix it by december(?) i may buy it from the sales. Im not into paying 89.99€ for maybe 6 months of fifa 20 career mode.. 

Message 179 of 795 (964 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Andy Ok this is a start.

But doesn't explain why these bugs that have existed for years (and have been reported for just as long) are just being addressed now? Was there no testing prior to release?

Let's recall the pitch notes:
“Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches.”

Did EA assume that we wouldn't notice? Did they not care? While it's nice to see some reaction, this community is way to used these kind of empty promises.
Message 180 of 795 (1,041 Views)
Twitter Stream