by blackhole414

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Career Mode Issues Megathread

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

[Original thread wasn't deleted, see Andy's post here]

1. Press conference questions and answers are extremely repetitive. There is no point answering the same questions for 15 years. There should’ve been a large number of questions and answers from where the game could pull off. This has gone stale fast.
2. Editing a player glitches the player to change positions. For example editing a CM will change their position to CAM or CDM. An edited CF will become a ST and it removes their second position. ALSO why can we still not change a player’s position to RW, LW, CM, or CF?? This seems so trivial to not include it. Please add these options to the edit player position lists.
3. AI team selection is bad or worse. Top 6 teams are fielding reserves or substitute players. This is unacceptable. This has been going on for years now with no fix. It absolutely ruins the little immersion we have with career mode.
4. Table realism: Top 6 are finishing at extremely low positions and teams are winning with around 60 points. The tables are not realistic at all.
5. Player conversation are as dull and bland as press conferences. There needs to be a large pull of questions and answers or else how are we suppose to not get bored of this feature after the first season if the questions are always the same?? They also seem to be broken as some players request game time and then respond “I am frustrated I was played and got injured when I requested not to play”.
6. There is no risk or reward for press conference/interview questions. These just adds to the generic state
7. After a few years the Europa League does not progress to playoffs and Champions League doesn’t even get started. When you look at matches played for those competitions some of them will show up as TBD vs TBD.
8. Dynamic potential: Even if a player is in bad form they will still grow in rating. At age 29/30 players still decline regardless of performance. “Had a 30 year old CAM with 6 goals and 18 assist after 18 league games dropp 2 points overall nonetheless.”
9. When you edit a player, their overall drops as well.
10. In the calendar, multiple games a day or less a part is STILL not fixed
10. If you play on Ultimate difficulty, you can beat the AI top teams by 4,5,6, or 7 goals.
11. Max height for created players is only 6’2
12. Champions League starts with the 2018-2019 teams. Not the new group stages for the 2019-2020 season.
13. Cannot scout yout academy in Wales, STILL. Why is this still not possible? Especially for teams who we have national teams for.
14. Youth Academy teams are debuting with tucked in shirts and generic boots, STILL.
15. International game stadiums/fields look horrible. The presentation looks so generic and I feel like there is a filter added that makes the national team colors and field look very bland.
16. If we create a player we should be able to edit their potential since we sometimes have to create players that are not in the game due to licensing. Created players should not reach 99 potential, that is ridiculous.

1. ⁠Player Career Mode player will end up with 0 star skills.
2. ⁠Dynamic Potential seems to be working for some people while not working at all for others.
3. ⁠Raising a players wages, even minimally in some cases, can get you automatically fired. This was an attempt to remove the billion dollar transfer budget glitch that was executed horribly.
4. ⁠Typos in interviews.
5. A player you accepted a transfer fee on stays in the background of the career mode menu and then stays on the middle of the pitch the whole time.
6. Player fitness is very bad. Even players with 80+ stamina are gassed by half time. They only have 50% stamina left and have to be substituted off.
7. In post match interviews when there is a score draw, the interviewer always asks the question about it being a "boring match" even if there are more than 4 or 6 goals (3-3 for example).
8. In player conversations, no matter what selection you chose, the player ALWAYS reacts positively.
9. Morale is now pointless since ALL players are happy no matter where your team are in the league or how badly you treat them.

10. Some youth players’ birthyears are listed as 1970 when you edit them.

New bug courtesy of @kaadji81 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sign off transfer deals (arrivals, departure as well as pre-contract agreements during the non-transfer window. Then arrives the last day of the season and click on go to next season.
What happens when the bug occurs? The new season loads and all of the signing have disappeared. Players that should have been gone on transfer or loans are still in your team and players that you had signed off have joined other teams.
What should be happening instead? Transfer agreements should be kept from one season to the next.

NEW BUG:

The crossing accomplishments in player career mode are broken and do not apply the +1 boosts that they should when completed. This glitch has literally been present since FIFA 18.

[Edited by Cade - Everything above has been forwarded to our QA teams to get bugs written up, please see the accepted solution below for steps on reporting new issues]

Message 24 of 795 (66,464 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Fifa 20 Edit Player Menus

Community Manager

Hey all, 

This thread was created back in September to be a centralized location to provide feedback on FIFA 20's Career Mode. With the release of various fixes and tweaks over the 6 Title Updates for FIFA 20 released so far, we feel that it has adequately served its purpose.

What this means: This thread will be removed from the stickied position on this board. 

What this does not mean: We will no longer be providing feedback to the FIFA team on improving Career Mode. 

If you run across something that needs attention, please create a post and tag me! I would also like to call out this thread one of our Answers HQ Heroes @Dimitri88Vegas has put together to help us more efficiently gather community wants and desires for Career Mode going forward. 

Thanks for all your feedback so far, keep it coming!

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 795 of 795 (26,412 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

FIFA20 Edit real player

★★★★ Novice

When editing a real player, it is unreasonable to return directly to the game menu when I finish editing.

Example: 1. When I edit Liverpool players, I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to continue, I should return to the Liverpool player list interface. This is reasonable, instead of returning to the game menu, I have to re- It is inconvenient to enter edit mode and rediscover Liverpool.
2. I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to quit editing, I should return to the Liverpool player's interface instead of the initial team interface when I enter edit mode.

Do you think I am right?

Message 1 of 795 (26,298 Views)
Highlighted

FIFA20 Edit real player

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? w44643233
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
Which part of the mode? Home & Away
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When editing a real player, it is unreasonable to return directly to the game menu when I finish editing. Example: 1. When I edit Liverpool players, I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to continue, I should return to the Liverpool player list interface. This is reasonable, instead of returning to the game menu, I have to re- It is inconvenient to enter edit mode and rediscover Liverpool. 2. I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to quit editing, I should return to the Liverpool player's interface instead of the initial team interface when I enter edit mode. Do you think I am right?
What happens when the bug occurs? When editing a real player, it is unreasonable to return directly to the game menu when I finish editing. Example: 1. When I edit Liverpool players, I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to continue, I should return to the Liverpool player list interface. This is reasonable, instead of returning to the game menu, I have to re- It is inconvenient to enter edit mode and rediscover Liverpool. 2. I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to quit editing, I should return to the Liverpool player's interface instead of the initial team interface when I enter edit mode. Do you think I am right?
What should be happening instead? When editing a real player, it is unreasonable to return directly to the game menu when I finish editing. Example: 1. When I edit Liverpool players, I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to continue, I should return to the Liverpool player list interface. This is reasonable, instead of returning to the game menu, I have to re- It is inconvenient to enter edit mode and rediscover Liverpool. 2. I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to quit editing, I should return to the Liverpool player's interface instead of the initial team interface when I enter edit mode. Do you think I am right?

When editing a real player, it is unreasonable to return directly to the game menu when I finish editing.

Example: 1. When I edit Liverpool players, I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to continue, I should return to the Liverpool player list interface. This is reasonable, instead of returning to the game menu, I have to re- It is inconvenient to enter edit mode and rediscover Liverpool.
2. I am editing Henderson. When I finish editing, if I choose to quit editing, I should return to the Liverpool player's interface instead of the initial team interface when I enter edit mode.

Do you think I am right?

Message 2 of 795 (26,292 Views)
Highlighted

Re: FIFA20 Edit real player

★★ Novice

Editing also ruins the player's secondary positions! if a player could Play CDM/CM, if you edit him he will only play CDM and CM is removed? Also if you edit a CM he will be transformed to CAM. The game is super glitchy and full of bugs. Hope they patch this.

Message 3 of 795 (26,278 Views)
Highlighted

Fifa 20 Edit Players

★ Apprentice

Why is editing players so complicated? Why do you always to start from the Austrian league? If I wanna edit a player I gotta start from there, scroll all the way to that team, then once I finish editing 1 player, I gotta do that all over again. Why EA, WHY?!?  Since Fifa 19 EA been annoying with the game.   Can’t yall make anything right? 

Message 4 of 795 (27,895 Views)
Highlighted

Career mode european competitions glitch and dont end up working...

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progress through career mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Stops in the qualifying rounds
What should be happening instead? Progressing and drawing normally

https://twitter.com/RichLeigh/status/1174844823838371840?s=19

Message 5 of 795 (51,028 Views)
Highlighted

Fifa 20 Career mode - sacked when offering large wages

★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Offer a player big wages and it will sack you
What happens when the bug occurs? You get fired straight away
What should be happening instead? You shouldnt get fired

Can ea ever just get career mode right just once please

Message 6 of 795 (51,394 Views)
Highlighted

Edit Player returns to menu

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Harmeulius
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
Which part of the mode? Classic Match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit a player Save him
What happens when the bug occurs? ( I couldn't pick the right menu in the options so I chose kick-off instead) When I try to edit a player and I pick a team, (PSV Eindhoven in this case), edit the player and save, instead of going back to editing PSV it goes back all the way to the main menu. I have to start edit player over again with each player I edit which makes it quite tedious to edit players.
What should be happening instead? It should go back to the menu where I can pick a PSV player to edit.

Thanks for looking into this, if you need more information just ask Standard smile 

Message 7 of 795 (26,073 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Edit Player returns to menu

★★ Novice

Yes, this bug is very annoying, please fix!

Also in edit mode the player position CF, CM are not there, so when you edit a player that is a CM (Central Midfielder) for exemple, he automaticly changes his position to CAM or CDM. Please fix!

Message 8 of 795 (26,057 Views)
Highlighted

Teams Are Fielding Their Worst Instead of Their Best Again

★★★★ Novice

This is unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable. The pitch notes said this was fixed but according to this, it looks worse. It's a game breaker.

I have been really excited about this release. The gameplay is so much more improved and have really been looking forward to enjoying it in career mode but I gotta tell you, this is putting me right off. I just can't believe it's still a thing. I should be worried about playing Man City and their like and that's because they shouldn't be fielding their damned D-team. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo4V77Tk2TA

Message 9 of 795 (50,342 Views)
Twitter Stream