Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Career Mode Issues Megathread

by claud1o-

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide

@Robbert_ro you might be right completely broken...and yes CM and UT player's pick and choose...I play CM majority of the time due to the poor quality of internet here in Australia...I won't ever play UT while they can't get CM right...it's going to be a big job to fix hopefully the janitor might be able to help them fix it...or at least start with the transfer update back to where it was yesterday...

Message 231 of 795 (845 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

So why has this glitch been active  since fifa 16? How come when this complaint has been made each year nothing still has not been done about it? No disrespect but some of us have been loyal fans spending a lot of money on Fifa since 1994 and because a mode we’re you make even more money out of your customers, arguably which should be illegal considering young kids are spending there pocket money on them daft cards, yous have neglected your most loyal customers by producing the worst career mode yet. It’s the 21st century you’re selling the game for a lot of money if you can’t produce the goods your advertising them remove the mode full stop.   

Message 232 of 795 (754 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

ask for a refund i have

Message 233 of 795 (749 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Reding this EA answer

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/499572/fifa-20-launch-developer-q-a/p1?new=1

I can draw the following conclusions:

1. they wait for further player feedback: this means either no proper testing has ever been done on their side or it was extremely poor

2. they have no * idea of how to change the coding behind the starting 11 AI selection as it might interfere with other CM stuff

3. match congestion: they speak of it as a "new issue" - are you serious?? this has been reported multiple times in the past and you also stated this was one of the bugs you have correc

4: interviews: "due to the large amount of text and options that are present" is this a serious response? Do you often read books with typos and chapters in the wrong order? Do you buy a car whith missing parts? Oh sorry there are so many parts in the car that I forgot to check if all were present

5: Player editing resulting in loss of OVR: this is possibly the worst bug on your side because it means you never used this feature in testing. Or simply you do no tests

I am utterly disgusted about the product I bought and seriously concerned about the overall status of your company, if this is the care you put in your products and have for your customers

Basically you use us, the customers, as testers - we should all get a refund for your lack of responsibility and breach of the promises you made while advertising career mode in your pitch notes.

Message 234 of 795 (649 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Andy 'for some reason'. lol yeah ok
Message 235 of 795 (637 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
Q: When can we expect the first Title Update with gameplay changes and can you provide any insight into what would be contained in that update?
A: Providing a specific date or time for when a Title Update will release is not something we do, as we are often reliant on things outside of our control to deliver against a specific date. That being said, you can expect that a Title Update which contains gameplay updates will be arriving within the next week or two.

First Title update should also have everything from starting 11 bug to champions league not work later in career, but a week or two really? for some people they have had this game for almost a week already so it could be 3 weeks before they can play the game they spent their hard earned money on! dam
Message 236 of 795 (631 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@KBAP050690  that's what they want the loyal CM player's to do...walk away... so then they'll only need an arcade mode for the kids to spend on new clothes, shoes/boots, hats..etc...just what the world needs another Fortnite as a football game...that's about how long this game will last if they don't fix it very soon is a fortnight...

Message 237 of 795 (771 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jacobtstevens That first patch won't have the bugs fixed though. Corey said on twitter that they weren't told in time so in reality it will probably be around Halloween when the bugs are fixed at the earliest.
Message 238 of 795 (765 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
  • After a few seasons in Career Mode, the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League competitions are not working correctly.
  • Dev response: We have identified what we believe is the root cause of this issue, related to certain teams winning the UEFA Europa League and thus being a seeded team in the subsequent UEFA Champions League. We will be looking to include a fix for this issue in an future Title Updat

Again, if you had game testers instead of having us test the game you would have noticed the error before the release.   The arrogance of this company is insane.  

They dont even read the bug reports properly.  People are saying that the Champions League doesnt even WORK after a few seasons.  I cannot confirm that personally, or if people just simmed 3 seasons and the simming messed it up, which is entirely possible.... someone who is testing the CL or EL would have noticed this.   The problem is they hire they "game testers" or lack thereof for $9 an hour and then let them go after a year of working there.   People are so excited they get to play video games for a living that they dont realize what is involved in TESTING a game.  its not playing the game, its testing parts of the game so that they work properly.   There is someone who is in charge of this, a lead tester if you will who hands out assignments to the testers who in turn spend hours on one part of the game over and over again.   The trouble is they do not PLAY the game as a player would.  They test only parts of the game and report back.

Seeing as how the BETA showed Career Mode was in HORRIBLE shape, I should have listened to my own posts in that Beta forum about waiting to buy this game.  Or EA should have listened and postponed its release.   This clearly shows that releasing a new title every year is not possible and that they should simply release a new title when they are ready, 2-3 years in between.

Funny thing is, I've never experienced any problems with Madden...  then again I havent bought a new Madden title since 18, but still, that game works pretty well, there are some minor flaws in the Career Mode, but nothing that breaks the game completely.   Madden is developed by another developer in Florida.   Maybe EA should consider having ea tiburon's testers take the reigns instead of whoever the hell they have working in Fifa now.  Because clearly whoever it was, if there were anyone, had no clue what they were doing.

If this is a marketing ploy, its the worst one Ive ever seen in marketing in 20 years.   This isnt just  a Bad Press is still good for your career kind of a thing.  This could be a severing of ties between loyal customers and your company.   

After years and years of reports, beta tests and everything else, they still put out something that DOESNT WORK.  And they said it was fixed.    They lied... Deleted forum posts, and suspended some people from their forums for talking about refunds..  amazing.     How many units were sold with these defects?  Millions?  That's a pretty big class action lawsuit. And yet we haven't even heard "WE' APOLOGIZE FOR PUTTING OUT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS YEAR"   "We have no excuse"

I repeat, if you cant put out a quality product (without major issues) year in and year out which I know for a fact EA says is very difficult to do and I believe it.  Then dont put one out every year.  People would be fine with getting roster updates for another year and then getting improvements the following year.

Improvements in the middle of the year to a career mode that makes people restart their CMs are pointless.  If you are in year 6 of your CM do you really want to start all over again for fixes they applied that will only affect new career modes?

Honestly if I were Konami, I would put a sale on my PES game right now.  Sell the game at 30% off and take in the dough.

Message 239 of 795 (796 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@aenima6969 9$ per hour???? are you kidding me? ill tell you how much they offerd me back in 2015 when i applied as a tester for fifa games. 800 ron, around 150 dolars per month + some lunch bons that was 2,5$ per day. 

Message 240 of 795 (755 Views)
Twitter Stream