Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Career Mode Issues Megathread

by LailaDM

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I think we should stop buying the game   I'd prefer pez but no licenses  that's the only reason a lot of people buy the game.   All these cut scenes regarding transfers are a complete waste of time. 

Message 191 of 795 (906 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Andy

Hi Andy, maybe you can pass this message on to Corey Andress.

Hi Corey, hope you're doing well. My name is John, I'm a Business Analyst and also an avid Fifa career mode player since Fifa 2000.

As a Business Analyst, I'm honestly curious as to how your developers follow the Software Development Life Cycle. And whether your career mode development team is understaffed. Because a massive error such as the AI fielding weakened teams should absolutely not happen in the released product.

It's clear your dev team has a significant gap in either: a) competent testers b) time to sufficiently test, correct, and then release or c) enough staff. Or maybe a combination of all of the above.

The fact this has now gained traction from a british newspaper, media website and NBA superstar should raise concern about the processes that Fifa career mode development team uses.

All the best,

John
Message 192 of 795 (848 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

they should give all players a 75% refund as only 25% if that of the game works

Message 193 of 795 (803 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

What's worse though, we got an squad update today, I downloaded it before work so I can play some exhibition matches when I return home, guess what, I just got another squad update and they reverted the previous one, so I still see Rafinha on Barca, Monreal on Arsenal, I am glad Vieri isn't playing upfront with Recoba on Inter... 

what a disgrace. 

Message 194 of 795 (765 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@PetritH10 i completely forgot Recoba played for inter, what happened to all the world best 11 and world legends 11 you used to get in this game
Message 195 of 795 (757 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I'm glad this issue is finally getting some traction because this mode has been flat out broken and neglected for years. Bugs from 5+ years ago are still there, people report them, it gets ignored and are still present in the next years release. This year they have truly outdone themselves and broken it beyond belief. 

And besides the bugs what really annoys me is how good this mode was before the FUT cash grab became a thing.

Remember when your created player started in the reserve team and you had to work your way to the first team?

Remember how your created player started for the U21 national team?

Remember how you used to be able to invest in coaches and adjust the budgets for the team you managed?

Remember how you used to be able to create a club and play as them?

I honestly could go on and on. All these brilliant features that added immersion were gutted from the game for no reason at all and all we have now are terrible, repetitive cut scenes as the thing that is supposed to add immersion to the mode. It's laughable. 

I won't even hold my breath for the bug fixes because I know they will not dedicate the time and money needed as this mode doesn't make them that sweet micro transaction money. 

This mode doesn't need a patch, it needs completely rebuilding from the ground up. 

Message 196 of 795 (735 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@JammmyMan I agree completely. Did they even test it i wonder, i mean come on having finally that champions League and Europa league and then they release it with groups from last year? Didnt see that in the tests??? Its a shame! Im from Belgium so we cant even pay for packages or order a special edition because they banned EA for it cause of gambling. So only thing that remains is career and its bugged.
Message 197 of 795 (681 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Player Career #1. Skilled dribbling stars go to zero. Xbox. It’s nit just that the Stars goes to zero, there isn’t an option in Traits to select Skilled Dribbling. I unlocked Skilled Dribbling, went to edit player, Traits, and it’s not there. Not that it’s there and still locked, it’s just not even an option.

Message 198 of 795 (736 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Why was my post deleted @Andy? I was hardly saying anything that hasn't been said before.

Message 199 of 795 (723 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Fix this *. Player career, Bundesliga, wondering why Dortmund and Bayern are bottom of the table, check team stats, fielding only reserve players.

Also why the flying f are squads STILL NOT UPDATED.

Message 200 of 795 (715 Views)
Twitter Stream