Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Career Mode Issues Megathread

by jacobtstevens

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” we must all be insane for believing this would be fixed before release seems to happen ever year Frown 

well i don't think i will buy this game next year unless they make it £30 cheaper lol

Message 161 of 795 (1,317 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I think Andy has gone home for the weekend

Message 162 of 795 (1,297 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Spoiler
...to play PES
Message 163 of 795 (1,300 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@garyb73 wrote:

Selling players is still hard to do and selling youth almost impossible.....still getting "transfer talks broken down" far too much..also loaning players needs looking into...

Can't understand why you haven't added these features in, when they are so prevalent in the modern game

• when loaning a player in or out of the club an option to buy at the end of a loan
  • when you purchase a player the option to loan back to the club you purchased them from
  • when you sell a player the option to negotiate loaning the player back to you
Damnit this glitch has been in the game since at least FIFA 18. Was really hoping it would get fixed. Again, pathetic.

Message 164 of 795 (1,293 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Can’t see this in the OP.

When you unlock ‘Edit Player in Career Mode’ the actual edit feature is a shambles compared to previous years.

Previously it’d default to the team you’re managing in Career Mode, now it just opens on the first league (Austrian?) alphabetically. 

Once you then navigate to the EFL Championship, in my case, the teams are in not in alphabetical order, in fact they’re in no order atall. So you end up scrolling through the list of teams until you eventually find yours. 

Once you've then edited your chosen player, regardless of how you then back out of that player, you are thrown to the Career Mode home screen. Meaning you have to repeat the above process over and over again to edit players in your team. Previously you were just returned back to the squad list of the player you were last editing. 

It it just makes the whole experience an absolute chore.

*As a small side note the selection of none catalogue Real Life Boots available in Edit Mode this year is really poor.

Message 165 of 795 (1,235 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

#Fixcareermode is currently ranked 14th on trending.

They're trying to get SnoopDogg reply on these posts haha.

Loving the negative cr*p people are pouring down on EA, it is, after all these years, well deserved.

People are fed up Andy, EA got their profitable priorities (FUT) and we get that, or I do. But FIFA 19 or shall we say FIFA 18.02 was where many Career Mode players drew the line.

EA decided not to step over that line but to leap towards infinty.

Message 166 of 795 (1,171 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Andy What a vile abomination of a company EA are.

To be treated with such contempt after having played this game for over 15 years spending lots of my hard earned money in the process is an utter disgrace.

Enough of the excuses and platitudes - you need to fix career mode ASAP to preserve any shred of morality and decency. There are literally posters in this forum who are offering to fix these bugs for free in no time.

You have lost a lot of diehard, loyal customers today. Customers who helped make this game what it is.

Truly gutting.
Message 167 of 795 (1,102 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

They're more focused on adding game modes that u can score 9 goals with one shot (forgot how the hell that game mode was called) than fixing important bugs and glitches on a game mode that lots of people buy the game for.

Shame.

Message 168 of 795 (1,018 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

"Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches."

~~EA Sports, July 2019

Now, you understand what's problem  @EA_Andy??? Shame...

Message 169 of 795 (921 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@AnonymousTrout1  I can not agree more with what you wrote.

Sadly this thread represents only 150 angry customers who will for sure not buy the game in the future, maybe some other thousands think like we do but do not bother posting here.

FIFA sells 10s of millions of copies so I do not see any fix or way out for us sad career mode players.

Shame on EA

-> goes to play PES 2020

Message 170 of 795 (1,607 Views)
Twitter Stream