Car jerks to the left or right

by DyslexicBatnaam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Car jerks to the left or right

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
So i bought and have played need for speed from day 1 and ive noticed that randomly my car will turn to the left or right mostly after a turn or drift and i cannot go any further in the story line because my vehicle will drive straight into a wall and be destroyed and then putting me in last place. Is there anyway i can fix this, like i changed my cars tuning multiple times and it still does the same thing.
Message 1 of 18 (21,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Car jerks to the left or right

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xDragonBlanco95x

Thank you for adding the video's here. I would like to keep the discussion in this topic so I will just remove your other post.

@DyslexicBatnaam @bluerjb @x3SGTEx @Vola00

As for the issue, we are looking into this. If you can, make sure you try another controller as well. The handling in this game is very sensitive and we have seen reports of users having faulty controllers (a dull or loose stick is enough) leading to such issues.

View in thread

Message 9 of 18 (25,132 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
I have the same problems especially with the RX-7 and 180sx
Message 2 of 18 (21,578 Views)

Handling/Steering

★★★★★ Newbie

The game tries to take control and veers me into walls, pushes me a random direction, pulls me out of drifts, prevents me from drifting, or randomly throws me into a drift.

I can clearly see when drifting that the wheels will do their own thing and completely ignore my input, if i tap the handbrake while drifting to help increase my angle the wheels will snap back into the center and then freakout.

The handling is a constant losing battle with the game to get the cars to do what I want instead of the game just taking over and * me up.

Message 3 of 18 (21,547 Views)

★★★ Novice

This same problem afflicts my Lancer, car looks like to back straight in line but keeps sliding 

i Haven't noticed that on Adventador RX7 MX5 Golf or Porsche 

Message 4 of 18 (21,562 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It's the game trying to understand what you're going to do. And many times.. It calculates wrong. It's a bad implement that needs to be taken out of the game. It's nothing to do with your tuning or car.
Message 5 of 18 (21,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Vola00 @DyslexicBatnaam @x3SGTEx @Mr_Tutt-CMC_6 @TIMy_cz

It would help us investigate if you are able to add a video of what is happening in your game. Please also (if it is not clear on the video) mention which console you are playing on.

Message 6 of 18 (21,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im not sure how a video will prove the game taking control of my controls or the response delay, but here you go. I hope you guys don't let this post sit here until the game is a dusty $60 shelf accessory and actually take action.

https://youtu.be/YaAcmNdNwsw
Message 7 of 18 (21,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hey TOM, i did a topic about this 2 days ago with 2 videos it is called Racer's AI Problem. Also you never answered it, thanks for that.

Here are the vids: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_ToYiV4Dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwCFkm0zwo

Message 8 of 18 (21,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xDragonBlanco95x

Thank you for adding the video's here. I would like to keep the discussion in this topic so I will just remove your other post.

@DyslexicBatnaam @bluerjb @x3SGTEx @Vola00

As for the issue, we are looking into this. If you can, make sure you try another controller as well. The handling in this game is very sensitive and we have seen reports of users having faulty controllers (a dull or loose stick is enough) leading to such issues.

Message 9 of 18 (25,133 Views)

★★ Novice

Waking up an old thread...

This is exactly what i feel is wrong with drifting. (well one of the things)

The game engine it tugging on my car and tries to predict what i am going to do, failing miserably time and time again.

Sometimes it has been so bad that i end up going the wrong way back again.

I am running on a PC with keyboard (Corsair keyboard) , I have no issues in other games with keys sticking or not responding if thats where your'e going with this.

If i were to guess it is because the game engine has to help for instance front wheel cars in drifting, and then this is still active for all cars. Better solution = Do not allow front wheel drive cars in drift events and turn off the 'help' that doesn't work anyways.

Message 10 of 18 (21,353 Views)