Re: Cant load into champ select xbox one s

by Gannicuss24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant load into champ select xbox one s

★★ Novice

Since the update I can no longer load into champ select, so I can't play...

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Selected default skin for all characters and changed champ

removed profile and then readded

uninstalled re-installed

reset dns

reset internet

hard reset xbox

all other games work, just apex isn't, can ready up but it never puts me into a champ select Frown

Message 1 of 8 (862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Try setting the DNS manually on your console to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). This could be connection related.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (719 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Gannicuss24 

What exactly happens when you go to load into the Legend selection screen? Is there an error, does it freeze, or do you get booted back to the lobby/menu?

Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive or have anything plugged into the USB slots?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (853 Views)

★★ Novice
So I can hear the sound it makes when it puts you into champ select, but I stay in lobby with a tick.

then my character starts lagging x1000 I can unready but then can't select anything else but can ready back up and that does nothing, I have to exit apex and then get back into apex to do anything.
No error messages, just a lagging gui

What I have found, selecting champ skins to default and and changing my featured champing before reading up allows me to enter game however this only works 50% of the time and after every game I have to force apex to close and re-open it and then select a different featured champ.
Message 3 of 8 (821 Views)

Community Manager

@Gannicuss24 

Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive and what's your NAT type under your Xbox Network Settings?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (803 Views)

★★ Novice

it's not on a external drive nat type is open

Tried it on a new xbox one x

same thing, game won't load into champ select, the game just freezes 90% of the time, hjave to force the game to close and load back into it to try again.

Message 5 of 8 (788 Views)

Community Manager

@Gannicuss24 

Hopefully you're still not experiencing this but if so, try deleting the local data from your Xbox and then try again.

Go to My Games & Apps>Highlight Apex Legends>Press Start>Manage Game>Clear Saved Data for local and cloud.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (750 Views)

★★ Novice

Negative, still happening. Any other ideas?

Message 7 of 8 (730 Views)

Community Manager

Try setting the DNS manually on your console to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). This could be connection related.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (720 Views)