Cant link accounts apex legends

by Taabott01

Original Post

Cant link accounts apex legends

★★★ Newbie

When I was on holiday once I made an account on the Xbox there and downloaded apex. Now at home when I've installed it on my switch my accounts do not link, even with email's I have not used before. Is there a solution I really want to play apex again.

Message 1 of 9 (1,749 Views)

Re: Cant link accounts apex legends

★★★ Newbie

Also, I tried docking the switch didn't work

Message 2 of 9 (1,746 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Taabott01,

You can go through the steps on this page to link any platforms to the same EA Account. 

With that said, it sounds like you may be expecting the progress you'd made on your Xbox account to show up on the Switch. Unfortunately while you're able to link multiple platforms to the same EA Account, progress is not shared across the various platforms.

Cross-progression is something that's being looked into, but is still a ways off I'm afraid. In the meantime any progress will be unique to each platform account and cannot be copied or transferred.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where is that option?

I can show you the full process if needed

Message 4 of 9 (1,711 Views)

Community Manager

@Taabott01 

If it's not completing the linking process on Switch, I would check through these particular steps.

If that error is still popping up you may need to reach out to an advisor with the steps in the link above so they can look through the EA Account in question here.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello again! I see what you mean now however on the login page there does not seem to be Nintendo switch option.

Message 6 of 9 (1,682 Views)

Community Manager
@Taabott01
There won't be a direct option to log in with your Nintendo account, sorry for the confusion.

The linking process would need to be done on the Switch itself. In some cases the error you're seeing can appear if you haven't logged into the actual EA Account recently, so you would want to try logging into the website with your actual EA Account info normally first.

After logging back in with your normal EA Account information you'd then try restarting your Switch to see if that lets you continue with the link.

If not, reaching out to an advisor with the steps on that page would be best so they can take a closer look at the EA Account and see if there's anything else preventing that from linking properly.
Mako.png
Message 7 of 9 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try connecting my EA account to my Nintendo switch on Apex it says there was an error, I've tryed everything to fix this and it doesn't works for anyone know how to fix this

Message 8 of 9 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. It's been months.

Message 9 of 9 (1,187 Views)