Cant launch game

by chiefvest

Original Post

Cant launch game

★ Novice

My wife and I cant our SWTOR games to launch.  We have different computers and neither one works

Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

Re: Cant launch game

Hero

@chiefvest

What exactly happens when you try to play?  Is the launcher failing or is it failing when the game is logging in?  Is there a specific error message that occurs on both computers?  Can you provide any screen shots?  Any more information will definitely help to troubleshoot the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 7 (357 Views)

★ Novice

Ill try to get screenshots later tonight but we are both able to load up the launcher and click play.  It will show the beginning credits (lucasarts, bioware, etc) but will glitch with massive green pixels. After the credits it will just go to a black screen and are unable to do anything to progress past the black screen

Message 3 of 7 (351 Views)

Hero

@chiefvest

Can you attach a copy of both computer's DxDiag log as per here?

Are both computers fully up to date with drivers, windows updates, etc?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 7 (344 Views)

★ Novice

Went to grab screenshots and file log...randomly works today after not working for a full week. Of course haha. I will take pictures if it happens again

Message 5 of 7 (329 Views)

★ Novice

Correction...mine works.  Hers does not .The computer adjusts the resolution and shrinks the game and freezes that the title screen .If you attempt to change the resolution it will just turn black

Message 6 of 7 (326 Views)

@chiefvest

try pressing alt +enter (may need to press twice) after it changes the resolution per this guide link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 7 (320 Views)