Re: Cant join match with friend

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Cant join match with friend

★★★ Newbie

Ok so Im on Ps4 and like this been happening ever since season 5 happen. Whenever I ready up it doesnt appear but for my friend it does and he is able to play the match without me while im still in lobby. 

Message 1 of 7 (380 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @scamcheztv

I've seen this happen from time to time. Can we try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help stop this from happening? When you've got a chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. Those can tackle a lot of the most common issues we see. 

If you're still having some trouble after that check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm so tired of this issue. Please fix it, I cant even play with my friends 

Message 3 of 7 (289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem too. it is so annoying. i play 1 game with them fine but then after that it starts acting up. i changed my game lobby locations, close and open the game again, and it still doesn’t work. 

Message 4 of 7 (243 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Sancheeks1

Which platform are you playing on? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 7 (227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i play on PS4

Message 6 of 7 (225 Views)

Community Manager

@Sancheeks1 

Got it, thanks. 

If the previous steps I linked above haven't helped can you try changing the DNS on your PS4 to see if that helps as well? I've seen some cases where using a different DNS can help with similar issues. 

To change the DNS Settings on your PS4 follow the steps below: 

1. Go to your PS4 Settings

2. Select Network

3. Choose Set Up Internet Connection

4. Select either WiFi or LAN Cable (depending on what type of connection you're using)

5. Choose Custom

6. Select IP Address Settings (Automatic)

7. Select DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use)

8. Go to DNS Settings (Manual)

9. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would prefer using instead that's OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble joining up with your friends after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (214 Views)