Cant get MSI Afterburner OSD to run for BF1 anymore

by SenpaiSandman

Original Post

Cant get MSI Afterburner OSD to run for BF1 anymore

★★ Novice

First off i would like to say that im running the latest version of MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner.

So there was an 2 GB Update for Battlfield 1, after installing it origin told me to update my graphic driver. So i did as origin told me, updated my graphic driver (nvidia gtx 980ti) to the version 375.86 (Origin wouldnt let me start BF1 if i wouldnt have updated it). Then after restarting my system i tried starting bf1 but it crashed, first i thought that it was a problem with my graphic driver installation or something else. Tried everything around that matter but nothing helped.

Ive found an error message in the activity protocol that says something about my dxgi.dll file version 10.xxx. That wonders me cause im running dx12 as my dxdiag says and its also enabled in bf1. Also tried disabling directx 12 in bf1, game runes without crashing even doe im running msi afterburner but this time it wont show the OSD.

Then i found out that MSI Afterburner caused this problem. Tried starting it without MSI Afterburner, worked perfectly, no crashes whatsoever. Starting with MSI Afterburner -> Crashes in Loading Screen before entering main menu. I found something about the version of MSI Afterburner im using so i updated to the final version of 4.3.0, but still it didnt fix my problem in any way.

I use the OSD and MSI Afterburner so much.. its indispensable for me.. i hope someone can help me with this issue..

Here is the error message that my activity protocol shows me:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: bf1.exe, Version: 1.0.10.265, Zeitstempel: 0x58221fee
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: dxgi.dll, Version: 10.0.14393.0, Zeitstempel: 0x57899945
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000006a30
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xe60
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d240fb28803e2a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\dxgi.dll
Berichtskennung: bfbc8524-fbec-4062-a98d-fc8b01284a06
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Ive tried using my old graphic card driver but that didnt fix the problem..

Even after turning dx12 ingame off it still gives me crashes..

I hope some of you guys can help me its driving me in despair..

Message 1 of 7 (12,468 Views)

Re: Cant get MSI Afterburner OSD to run for BF1 anymore

Hero

You should report this incompatibility to the Afterburner developers.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 7 (12,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and found it to be dx12. When I run in DX11 my overlay works fine but in DX12 it doesnt show up. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7 (12,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, we'll just have to wait until EA/Dice or MSI to release a patch to correct this issue.

Message 4 of 7 (12,251 Views)

Hero

@NateNorthwest  Actually there's a fix out now. It appears the patch introduced some optimizations to the DX12 implementation that Afterburner didn't work with. You need to download an update to the Rivatuner statistics server:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 7 (12,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i was having the same problem, what i did was uninstall Rivatuner complete , download last version and reinstall again, works for me

Message 6 of 7 (11,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Carbonic

Yeah, buddy.. That was it Standard smile thanks

Message 7 of 7 (9,413 Views)