Cant find opponents

★★★ Newbie

I sit here for over 4 minutes with nothing

Message 1 of 6 (684 Views)

Accepted Solution

All Replies

Can't find opponent ever.

★★ Novice

I've been playing the game flawlessly up until I took a 3 month break. I just came back and have only been able to stomach waiting in queue for about 5 games and now I refuse to play anymore. Regardless of game mode I sit at the "Still Searching" screen for approximately 30-40 MINUTES before finding someone to play. This is ridiculous. I have hard reset my XBox One, run network and NAT tests to check multiplayer connection.. All is good. Except it isn't. Literally nothing has changed on my end as to why this would occur. I've always played with little to no lag and as a loyal and skilled player of the franchise and content creator. I won't be purchasing Madden 20 if we can't get this resolved somehow. 

Message 3 of 6 (647 Views)

Re: Cant find opponents

★★ Novice

My issue isn't with connecting to EA or getting even playing an online game... it's the ridiculously long 45 minute search times.

Message 4 of 6 (603 Views)

Community Manager

@xXDeClineDXx 

What is your NAT type? If it's moderate or strict that can affect matchmaking pool. If you have the ability to log into your router's admin panel (login info is usually on the router itself) you can check to see if there is an option to enable IPv6 which can make a big difference for a lot of games.

Xbox One NAT Solution

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I will look into this. I value the response. I want to be able to play!

There is a drop down list of IPv6 options. It is currently disabled. The only thing I can think of is my router did a Firmware update recently. When I check my NAT type in the XBOX settings it is set to Open.

Message 6 of 6 (534 Views)