Cant find crossplay friends

by ShottyPippen12

Original Post

Cant find crossplay friends

★★ Novice

Me and 3 friends got the game on pc, xbox, and ps4. None of us can find each other when we search friends and can only find friends on the same system. We have went through all settings on ea and in game and have read all fourms related to issue. My friend on pc downloaded xbox buddy and i was able to add that but xbox buddy wont allow us to join same game only party chat and view on friends list. 

Message 1 of 37 (26,235 Views)

Re: Cant find crossplay friends

[ Edited ]

Hey @ShottyPippen12 

Go to your EA.com and sign in, go to privacy settings and scroll down.
Check if these boxes are checked, this could maybe be the issue.

ahq.PNG

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 37 (26,220 Views)

Adding friends cross play

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Morning Guys 

Could some please help shed some light on this for me.

ive download apex for my Ps5 and I’m trying to add my children’s account so we can play together (Xbox) but the names are not in my showing friends lists

also it would appear that we may have created the IDs under the same email address so I’m not access their Ea accounts to change the settings. 

Message 3 of 37 (26,186 Views)

Re: Adding friends cross play

Community Manager
@cypher-hull To confirm are the Xbox and PS5 accounts linked to the same EA Account?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 37 (26,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi thanks for the reply, 

ive checked my account and they are not linked to mine, (I can play against them using an Xbox just not on the ps5)

when they send a friends request from the Xbox I just don’t receive it and I’m not able to search for there gamers ID on the Ps5. They don’t show.

I wasn’t sure it was a setting on my PlayStation or if it’s something to do with the boys EA accounts 

These are my two accounts but the children’s account are different ID’s to mine

Th

Message 5 of 37 (26,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@cypher-hull This happened to me only with my friend and me but he’s on Xbox and I’m on pc so what did you do
Message 6 of 37 (26,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Was you able to find a solution?

Message 7 of 37 (26,118 Views)

Re: Cant find crossplay friends

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem when I try to search for my PC friend, we have been on EA website to check the boxes

Message 8 of 37 (26,109 Views)

None of my friends usernames appear when I search them

★★★ Newbie

I play on PC and when trying to add a friend who plays on PS4 their name just doesn't show up. They cannot add me either as my username doesn't appear on their end. I've been trying for about 30 minutes without any luck. Is there a way to fix this?

Message 9 of 37 (26,123 Views)

Need help finding africanunicorn

★★★ Newbie

I cannot add africanuncornx psn im on xbox mayc7548 we have tried everything clicked all boxes to be discoverable please

Message 10 of 37 (26,143 Views)