Cant download any updates of swtor

by JOM41

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant download any updates of swtor

★ Novice

keep getting the same error unknown over and over again. it says this application has encountered an unspecified error. please try this patch. i believe the problem is due to bit raider but have no idea how to deal with it. Please Help.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 5 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant download any updates of swtor

Champion

You do not necessarily need to uninstall Bitraider, but it would save headaches in the future. I'd personally suggest you do, however you should remember that it is a full reinstall if you switch to the nonstreaming launcher.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (651 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hey there! You can fix this issue by opening up Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE - Task Manager) and ending all instances of Bitraider and reopening the launcher or possibly rebooting your PC. Additionally, you might want to look into the guide on how to switch to the nonstreaming launcher to avoid most of these issues in the future (here)

Note: Switching to the nonstreaming launcher mentioned above will force a reinstall. If you just want to deal with issues as they come, you can do the Task Manager fix.

Message 2 of 5 (668 Views)

★ Novice
@ExiledRival Do I have to uninstall bitraider as well?
Message 3 of 5 (653 Views)

Champion

You do not necessarily need to uninstall Bitraider, but it would save headaches in the future. I'd personally suggest you do, however you should remember that it is a full reinstall if you switch to the nonstreaming launcher.

Message 4 of 5 (652 Views)

★ Novice
@ExiledRival That’s fine. Better that way, not like I can play the game with bitraider in use. Been trying to get it to work for months with out uninstalling and using a no stream launcher
Message 5 of 5 (645 Views)