Cant connect into a match after playing 3 games

by iliszn

Original Post

Re: Cant connect into a match after playing 3 games

Community Manager

@iliszn 

Got it, thank you!

I took a look at the results, and something did stand out to me. On most of the hops on this trace there is a pretty big difference between the highest and lowest ping. This is often referred to as "jitter." 

When you've got the chance I would recommend getting in touch with your internet provider to ask them to take a look at the network jitter. If you can show them the UOTrace results that may also help them get a better idea of what's going on. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 25 (355 Views)

★ Apprentice

I contacted a friend of mine who has the same internet provider as me. We both play Apex Legends but he isn't experiencing these issues that I'm having. I asked him to run the uotrace and the results were pretty similar. The most notable difference was in the highest ping. It was 50 less then mine.

I'm going to contact my internet provider later today. Ill be back with more updates.

Is there something that I can do in the meanwhile, to get more information?

Message 12 of 25 (351 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just got off the call with my internet provider.

They said, they got problems around Easter time and there's still lingering issues being resolved ATM, but everything should be working fine.

This was probably the reason the highest ping was that high. But this shouldn't be relevant to the issue I'm having, because my issue started: back in 23/3/21.

these past 2 weeks have been annoying and I really want to get this fixed. so if there is still anything that I can, do I will. 

Message 13 of 25 (339 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

Thanks for following up!

Do you have access to a mobile hotspot? If so, would it be possible to try using that to connect to the internet just to test and see if this same issue persists? That way we may be able to determine if this is strictly happening on your home internet connection. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 25 (308 Views)

★ Apprentice

so I cant connect to a mobile hotspot because my computer lacks the hardware to connect to a Wi-Fi.

But I used USB tethering to test it out. the issue is still happening, but now I just get higher ping.

Looking forward to the next reply,  hopefully we can fix this soon!

Message 15 of 25 (301 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

I understand, thanks!

Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running that could be related to this it may help narrow it down. 

You can find more details on how to set up a Clean Boot over at the EA Help website. If you're able to give it a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 25 (271 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tested the clean boot last week, but I could try again.

Post from last week: "Ok so the connectivity steps didn't work. but on the PC-specific steps, after running the game on admin mode on a clean boot, it made the bug random. it can happen on the 1st game or the 5th. so I think its a hardware based issue. This just really sucks. Ill try something on my own and ill contact again if I get some progress with this issue."

Message 17 of 25 (263 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

Ah, that's my fault. I do see that post. Did you make any recent hardware changes on your PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 18 of 25 (234 Views)

★ Apprentice

No. the last hardware change I made was getting a new CPU a year ago.

I still haven't figured out what the issue could be. I'm getting really annoyed that I cant play the game like I used to.

I'm still going to be looking for a possible fix.

Still hoping that we can fix this problem some day.

Message 19 of 25 (225 Views)

★ Apprentice

off topic info but hopefully this helps somehow.

I've been getting code: nets and code leaf's recently too.

On login I get the error message code: net and sometimes after a game that has been super laggy, I get a code leaf.

these 2 added to my original issue is just super frustrating.

Message 20 of 25 (204 Views)