Re: Cant connect into a match after playing 3 games

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant connect into a match after playing 3 games

★ Apprentice

So i have recently been having a problem after the ranked spilt begun on olympus.

I can play 3 matches at a time and on the 4th match I cannot connect at all, and I'm forced to restart my game or else it will be a permanent loading screen.

this has really impacted my gaming experience  by ALOT. really want to get this fixed.

I have tried

- Reinstalling my game

- Reboot my internet router and modem

- Reboot my device

Product: Apex Legends

Platform: PC

What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ili (Steam) / iliszn (Origin)

Are you using any software with an overlay? NVIDIA Overlay

Where did the issue occur? After queue pops up (lobby)

Which Legend were you playing (if applicable) -

Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable) -

Where did the issue occur? In the loading screen into a game.

Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Get into a game.

What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Queuing for a game.

Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No

How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3

When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23/3/21 - still on going.

How often does the bug occur?  After 3 games

How severe is your issue? Major it slows my ranked grind ALOT.

What happens when the bug occurs? After 3 games i try to queue into a new one, i get a permanent loading screen.

What should be happening instead? I should be connected into a game where i can pick my legend.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Nothing I can provide unless you guys will contact me for any required details.

Message 1 of 25 (981 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Alright, i have found a solution that worked for me. 

My Malwerebytes detected some kind of malwere that was affecting my connectivity. Went ahead and deleted it, rebooted my pc. and just to make sure reinstalled apex legends and it started working like usual.

this took way too long to figure out and i hope this helps some people out if they experience issues like these.

View in thread

Message 24 of 25 (538 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @iliszn

It's definitely strange that it happens so consistently after 3 games. Which datacenter are you usually connected to? Have you tried changing to any others to test and see if this same issue still happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 25 (906 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I have tested: Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt, and Belgium. none of these have fixed the problem.

I have video footage of the bug/connectivity issue happening, but I cannot send it because the video file is too large. If I can provide it to you somehow I will.

Message 3 of 25 (887 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

Got it, thanks!

Can we try running through some steps to see if we can help stop this from happening? First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see if that takes care of the issue. 

If you're still seeing the same issue happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Please let me know how it goes once you've had the chance to give this a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 25 (872 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok so the connectivity steps didn't work. but on the PC-specific steps, after running the game on admin mode on a clean boot, it made the bug random. it can happen on the 1st game or the 5th. so I think its a hardware based issue. This just really sucks. Ill try something on my own and ill contact again if I get some progress with this issue.

Message 5 of 25 (858 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

I appreciate that. Keep me updated on how it goes, if you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 25 (815 Views)

★ Apprentice

after working on this problem for a couple of days. I've seen zero to none progress.

I have 

-Reinstalled windows.

-Cleaned both HDD and SSD.

-Updated graphics and CPU drivers.

-Updated motherboard BIOS.

-Uninstalled and installed apex again.

This problem is really getting on my mind.

Here's my specs if you need them.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: GeForce GTX 970

Motherboard: Asus Prime b450-Plus

RAM: 16gb

SSD: Samsung 870 EVO

Message 7 of 25 (790 Views)

★ Apprentice

I managed to get my footage size down.

Here is the footage I was talking about. there is 2 videos that show the full process of the issue happening.

I hope this gives some insight on the issue.

Message 8 of 25 (743 Views)

Community Manager

@iliszn 

Thank you for following up!

When you have the chance can you try running a UOTrace on your PC? This will give us a more detailed look at the connection between your home network and the servers, so if there's anything happening along the way we might be able to spot it. 

You can find more information on how to run the test over at the EA Help website. Look for the section titled How to Run UOTrace on that article. Once you have the results please send them to me in a direct message. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 25 (715 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have sent the results your way.

Ill be waiting for a response.

Message 10 of 25 (683 Views)