Cant connect after last update (Xbox one)

by hesten4

Original Post

Cant connect after last update (Xbox one)

★★ Novice

My Xbox overall is working fine and i’m connected to the Wi-Fi, but for the last days i can’t connect to the internet ingame. Anyone else who got this problem? 

Message 1 of 7 (532 Views)

Re: Cant connect after last update (Xbox one)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Loads of people suffering same.  Nothing being said by EA, I guess they are to embarrassed [Removed - CM] to admit it is even happening.

Message 2 of 7 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@terribletoes 

OP isn't able to connect to the servers. We are aware of disconnections right now for EA Access members on Xbox, but we're not seeing any widespread issues around being unable to connect. We have seen this in the past though where an Xbox remains idle and doesn't install the latest update, so the game won't connect to the servers until it's downloaded.

Feedback on server quality is appreciated in the General Discussion board if you want to write up a post there on your experiences with the servers, but OP is asking for help here on how to reconnect so let's try and play the Support class. Thumbs up

@hesten4 

Are you able to reconnect after power cycling the console and network?

Reboot the Network

1. Unplug the modem/router power for about 5 minutes to refresh the network. A fresh connection can help clear up most basic connectivity issues.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 7 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I read OPs message and saw he had no response, I best I can do is to let him no he is not alone with this problem, so support roll fulfilled.

None of the above have made any difference to connection issues. I don't have idle updates, I manually keep my updates up to date. The issue IS wide spread, everybody I have talked to on xbox who plays bf5, friends and random team chat, say they are suffering the same thing since last update and are waiting patiently for a hotfix which, given the lack of any communication about it, does seem to be a thing.

Message 4 of 7 (474 Views)

Community Manager

@terribletoes 

Is this happening when you're pressing the middle Xbox button on your controller to pull up the menu for things like friends and to record a clip? The team is aware of this and working to fix it as a priority. It's listed on the Trello Board.

We have another post here we are replying to as well. Thanks for the help. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (467 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening whenever i just start the game, i can choose my profile to play from but after that it says that i’m not connected to the internet. And if i press ”reconnect” it buffers forever without any success

Message 6 of 7 (428 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Yes it does, but also on occation it happens in the middle of game play. Thanks I will check that out and share it with otger posts.
Message 7 of 7 (376 Views)