Cant Find Friends (APEX)

by phorgotten0710

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant Find Friends (APEX)

★★★ Newbie

We've both checked all of out crossplay boxes and everything. We've tried searching via email as well. We can't find each other.

Message 1 of 10 (7,961 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant Find Friends (APEX)

Community Manager

Hey folks, we are looking into some similar reports on the issue.

For now, can you make sure that you've checked all the relevant boxes in the privacy section of your EA Account?

By default you should be able to use the EA ID to find your friends, but if you're searching by PSN or Xbox usernames you'll want to be sure those options are checked.

Thanks for giving that a try while we're checking into things here!

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (7,907 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

I've found friends that are playing on PC and I'm on Xbox, but when I've tried to find my friend who plays on PS4, it game up "Not found" over and over again. We tried EA names, PSN/Xbox names, unlinked and relinked, but nothing worked, it kept saying Not found.

Extremely frustrating when the game is meant to be cross-platform.

Message 2 of 10 (7,919 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks, we are looking into some similar reports on the issue.

For now, can you make sure that you've checked all the relevant boxes in the privacy section of your EA Account?

By default you should be able to use the EA ID to find your friends, but if you're searching by PSN or Xbox usernames you'll want to be sure those options are checked.

Thanks for giving that a try while we're checking into things here!

Mako.png
Message 3 of 10 (7,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako This has not solved the problem I have
Message 4 of 10 (7,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Moefoe004 Have they fixed this yet
Message 5 of 10 (7,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this problem solved yet? I am having the same issue and cannot find a solution.  All privacy settings are checked, and we have both tried adding eachother by email, psn, EA ID, name

Message 6 of 10 (6,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I beg you guys to develop a proper friend section on PS4 Apex instead of having us rely on a popup for friend requests. If the game can show me crossplay friends when they're online, I'd like to see their names when they're offline too to invite them to my club.

When the current season launched, I received crossplay invites no problem from Xbox to my PS4, and Switch to PS4. 3 of my Switch friends have tried adding me this week and I'm not receiving the friend request. I've tried sending them a request, same problem. I had my ea account linked to Steam, so I unlinked it thinking it was the issue, but the same problem is happening. 

I'm also not being told that my friend request was already pending when sending a new friend request. Is this normal? 

Checked privacy settings, they are not the problem.

Message 7 of 10 (6,431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

just like everything else thats broken in this game - no they haven't fixed it

Message 8 of 10 (6,049 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Mako How has this issue been "solved" I see no solution here, yet this thread is marked solved?? Closing threads is a EA solution? BTW we tried everything my friend is on PS4 and I am on PC in the same house, very broken. We tried email, userID, everything mentioned in the privacy link and more. Well other than moving my PC into his room and chewing on the cables. Date: Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
Message 9 of 10 (4,796 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Xubunnytwo,

This thread is a bit older and while you may be seeing this situation again, the underlying issue causing it may be different.

I'm locking this so we can make sure any reports or information we're receiving are new and can be passed along, thanks!

Please feel free to add a new post in a more recent thread such as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Friends-List-Bug-Apex-Legends/m-p/11393394#M80395
Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (4,778 Views)