Cannot upgrade from previous account to teen account

by Bravojustakid117

Original Post

Cannot upgrade from previous account to teen account

★★★ Newbie

I turned 13 and when I tried logging on to apex legends I was greeted with a sign that said UPDATE YOU ACCOUNT TO TEEN ACCOUNT I tried with my one and only gmail but got denied because it was ALREADY IN USE BY ME I can’t get my gmail to work, does that mean I would lose all my stuff because I can’t sign back in with my original account. And now I am stuck with THIS...

Message 1 of 9 (8,269 Views)

Re: Cannot upgrade from previous account to teen account

Community Manager

@Bravojustakid117 

Child accounts are usually linked to full access (“adult”) accounts. You can only upgrade a child account from the child account — you can’t make this change from the adult account. You or your parent or guardian must log in to the child account to update it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (8,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not upgrade to teen account either, and I am on an adult account, not a child account. Please help. 

Message 3 of 9 (8,037 Views)

★ Novice

It says duplicate email does that mean I lose my stuff on apex legends I've spent to much money on my apex account help

Message 4 of 9 (7,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Log into your EA account, update your email address to a different one, verify that, then log back on to Apex, and input your email address that you just changed from, and it should let you create a "new" account. Just did this with my son and it worked and he kept all his content. 

Message 5 of 9 (7,660 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i tried that and it said "not able to update at this time."

Message 6 of 9 (7,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I do this it says duplicate email

Message 7 of 9 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an issue like that except I'm on switch and everytime I click A to type in my email to upgrade it takes me back into a loop. 

Message 8 of 9 (899 Views)

Community Manager

@Sonic_i_think  It's been a while since this thread was last active, so I'd advise you please to open a new thread and add some more information about your issue such as what happened and what steps you've already tried. 

I'll lock it here to limit further necroposting. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 9 of 9 (873 Views)