Cannot subscribe?

by SturmWolfe

Original Post

Re: Cannot subscribe?

★ Guide
General Error

An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.

Now I have yet ANOTHER $1.00 taken from my bank account because I've been told the issue has been "fixed" about 5 times. 

IT'S NOT FIXED!!!

Message 11 of 440 (2,904 Views)

Hero

@SturmWolfe 

What is your Display Name for swtor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 12 of 440 (2,885 Views)

★ Guide

nihilistwolfe is my account name

it is a legacy account if that makes any difference.

Message 13 of 440 (2,874 Views)

@SturmWolfe 

Recommend emailing support@swtor.com if you haven't already , the $1.00 will be a common merchant verification charge and they are normally refunded around 5 - 20 days depending on banks

closest help article would be this one and its mentioned in the top orange info box , and there are hot tips at the bottom 

eg For card verification, enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your billing statement. If it doesn’t match exactly, your card provider may decline the purchase.

if the card is failing the merchant side changing payment method would be the next step in my view

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 14 of 440 (2,850 Views)

★ Guide

@proxos666 wrote:

@SturmWolfe 

Recommend emailing [edit: email address removed] if you haven't already , the $1.00 will be a common merchant verification charge and they are normally refunded around 5 - 20 days depending on banks

closest help article would be this one and its mentioned in the top orange info box , and there are hot tips at the bottom 

eg For card verification, enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your billing statement. If it doesn’t match exactly, your card provider may decline the purchase.

if the card is failing the merchant side changing payment method would be the next step in my view

I've been emailing back and forth for the past three days to no avail. They keep saying the issue is resolved when it clearly isn't. 
I've also contacted my bank to inform them and they said there is no issues on their end. They also informed me that if EA is able to issue a merchant verification charge, they're also able to charge me for the $29.99 USD 60 day subscription I'm asking for. 
I have no issues purchasing from Xbox, Netflix, YouTube, Steam, etc. For some reason EA is having issues and from what you can clearly see. Other people are having issues with their accounts as well. On top of not being able to create in-game tickets either. 

I'm not going to have my bank issue me another card just for this to continue happening when I had no issue purchasing subscriptions and cartel coins in the past with the same bank. That would mean me having to go through all my other services I use and updating my card info with them as well. In the off chance that it works or not. There's no point in doing that. 

I honestly think there's a communication issue with the standalone service versus EA Origin. Or that my account is old and I haven't played in a few years and their system hasn't updated to allow payments from legacy accounts. It's probably something as simple as that. My account is as old as when the game came out in 2012 and I've played on and off since then. 

Does my account need to sync with Origin in order to work if I only downloaded the game directly from the SWTOR website?
Because when I log in to my Origin account it doesn't even list SWTOR in my library as a game I even own?

None of thise makes any sense at all. 

I'm still waiting on an email I sent earlier this afternoon. It'll be day 4 of dealing with this to know anything. 

What do I do?

Message 15 of 440 (2,804 Views)

★★ Novice
@SturmWolfe I try it for a week steet don't not work for me and it said this even time This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.
Message 16 of 440 (2,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOOOOOOO, 

DON'T contact SWTOR support with this issue. They will tell you that it's a problem with your EA account. Mine was spesifically that my EA account side was Banned (For no reason) and i have to reinstate the acc before i can subscribe or bill through SWTOR in game, on website, etc. 

Message 17 of 440 (2,710 Views)

★★ Novice
@SturmWolfe I'm having the same problem, please help! I just want to come back to this game.
Message 18 of 440 (2,686 Views)

★★ Novice

Almost the same problem here. When clicking on any subscribe option, i get this error. 

My guess is that it has something to do with the outdated billing info, haven't been playing since 2015...

Message 19 of 440 (2,624 Views)

@MrAusterlic 

To resolve that error remove the outdated billing details on the EA/Oriign billing and also on swtor account then re-add the new card to swtor

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 20 of 440 (2,598 Views)