Re: Cannot subscribe?

by gronkvaughn

Original Post

@Cimrab 

Sent you a DM

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 231 of 440 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just got an email from EA help this is what they wrote.

Greetings .

Thank you for contacting EA help. This is (Took out the name didn't know if I should leave it), assisting you with the SWTOR concern.

Coming to the concern, you have mentioned that you are unable to subscribe for SWTOR. I realize its indeed disappointing. Please be assured, I will help you with the best possible information.

I would love to help you with this. However, we have a separate support for the SWTOR. Please create a ticket using the steps given in the below link, so that you can get the proper help in time.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support/

We at EA wishes you good health. Stay safe!

Message 232 of 440 (682 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What do I do now since I was told that support swtor.com cant help me and they will tell me to talk to ea help
Message 233 of 440 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Peaky_Blinder45 

you definitely need to go back to EA and mention you fully understand swtor has separate support lines, however swtor support have said the issue is with the associated ea account and that account needs to be recovered

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 234 of 440 (660 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Thanks will try.
Message 235 of 440 (642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Tried multiple cards, every time I get an unspecified error and my subscription cannot be processed.

@proxos666  Any chance you can help me with this issue?

Message 236 of 440 (573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not purchase any subs either. There is no problem with my EA account, I can actually see the failed purchases I made on the SWTOR site from my EA account purchase history.

There are posts about this issue going back to 2013 how has something like this not been fixed yet?

Message 237 of 440 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]

@warktone 

Will need the swtor username to get feedback from CS 

What has occurred is a few  weeks back EA flagged a number of EA/origin for a password reset based on criteria only they know, likely accounts at risk of being hacked etc

Now when they did that it suspends purchasing for that EA/Origin account and any associated linked accounts including swtor

The purchasing issue with swtor will not go away until that EA account has had a password reset and the account becomes active again.

The EA account would in most cases of been based on the original email address as swtor when the account was created, and it is possible they are no longer using the same email address if the swtor side was updated but the EA /origin side wasnt.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 238 of 440 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SWTOR name is Dytah.

I changed the password on my EA account and it is active, but I still cannot subscribe.

Message 239 of 440 (501 Views)

★★ Novice
@proxos666

I'm having a similar issue, username is NullBuck

I'm able to log into my EA account (and recently changed the password) if that makes any difference. Tried multiple browsers and payment methods, all failed.
Message 240 of 440 (421 Views)