Subscription Error

by richardjordanjd

Original Post

Subscription Error

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I understand there are other topics on this but I am finding them hard to follow.

I have sent an email to [edit: email address removed] and I understand there is a long wait time for a response so I want to come here for some advice.

Upon purchasing a subscription I am getting a generic error, the payments have been taken from my bank account but as mentioned the site returns an error. Under my  transaction history they show as "OPEN" and not "FAILED" whereas my previous attempts show "FAILED".

I know it's not just me having this issue, but I am wondering if anyone can provide some help or if anyone knows what is up with this?

I appreciate your help. :-)

-Jordan

Message 111 of 440 (542 Views)

Re: Subscription Error

★★★ Novice
@richardjordanjd I would like to add onto this my SWTOR username is MrsGwapo

The email on the account is the same.
Message 112 of 440 (536 Views)

@richardjordanjd 

If you have sent the email to support@swtor.com that is the way forward, just need to be patient I am afraid.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 113 of 440 (520 Views)

★ Novice
@richardjordanjd There is no SWTOR support for payments, they must be unable to get in there from remote but patches, oh yes, the game devs can put up patches.
Message 114 of 440 (470 Views)

Re: Cannot subscribe?

★★ Novice

I played two days ago and it was fine.  Yesterday I try to log in and I'm being told I'm Preferred status and no longer a Subscriber.  When I go online, I cannot Subscribe for anything and from reading the post, it looks like alot of people are having the issue.  I will continue to read the posts, but this doesn't seem to be a problem on my end if multiple people are having the issue.  Please fix this ASAP.  I can easily pay if it's a subscription problem, but you need to fix the site so it will allow me to pay.

Message 115 of 440 (459 Views)

★★ Novice

One more thing.  When reading all the different problems with this issue, there may be a variety of causes.  If the problem has to do with my account then you need to change your verbiage to reflect what the problem is versus saying that it's a website problem.  If it's a website problem, then fix the website.  If it's a problem with the account then say what the problem is so people aren't confused.  Please provide clarity so people can understand how to fix the problem. 

Message 116 of 440 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know how much this will help, however,  I pay for my own account as well as for three grandchildren.  I could not do the sub for one of my grandsons, though the account showed failed attempts. Once those failed attempts showed in payment history, i was able to renew his sub.  No idea why.  But that's what happened.  Next, my monthy recurring sub, did not process.  I attempted to re sub again, and no go.  Additionally, after several attempt it still didn't not show any failed attempts.  After being on this forum most of a day, and trying ever browser available, I finally after a day showed the failed attempts.  So I again tried to re-sub hoping it would go through as my grandsons had,.(same card for paymennt on all four accounts I pay for)  It did not.  So I deleted my payment choice, entered it as new and it told me I could not use my card.  No reason for it, as the card is good with no restrictions.  I finally go my husbands card, and used that for my sub and it went through with no problem.  Both cards (mine and my husbands) are the same damn account just different card numbers.  Now I have to hope my month to month sub will continue to go through and I don't have to go through this again.  That being said,  try changing the card you use to sub... it might make a difference.

Message 117 of 440 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@evilseth91 Try changing you card for payment. That's what I had to do to get my sub going, though, other than SWTOR there is no problem with my original card as I used it the day before on my grandsons account.
Message 118 of 440 (440 Views)

Time card Error for 3 months and 2 month sub.card on amazon & paid sub at swtor

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Spoiler

Okay first tried to purchase a 3 month subscription online, clicked purchase the  and it  errored with an unknown error .performed the  same purchase 3 times and it still errored out  and said come back later.  So I went to amazon and purchased a digital code . I input the code and clicked redeem, again unknown error and it said to try later. Waited  5 mins and now it says code is used. Impossible since I just purchased the code from amazon on 4/29/2020. I have attached 2 pdf files proving  said purchase of my time card. Please activate  my account Demthius … I am a former player  trying to comeback to the game and with this  hassle of trying to subscribe I am starting to have 2nd thoughts

At 1: am May 3rd  2020. I attempted to again purchase a subscription with a debit card. This time my debit card. For 3 months  it said purchase error . I went checked my balance and the money was there . So I attempted to purchase a 2 month subscription the 2nd time today and  it said purchase error again tho my bank card was  debited the amount. I have attached my  statement as proof of payment. As of now you owe me 5 months of time.  (3 months for the  unknown error for the time  card and the 2 month subscription)  Please credit my account Demthius.

Ok took a screen shot of the error when I again ran my card through for a month to month subscription. Took a screen shot of the error as this is the same error  for my 3 month subscription time card  also screen shotted my  online bank statement so you can see that the 2 month subs was debited my account. This is the 3rd email I have sent and I  have copies for the record. Please credit my account for 5 months of time thank you…

Attached to this email are the pdf’s. the proof  as I have stated verifying every thing….   Emailed swtor support no reply. tried calling ea  on to different customer  suppoet numbers on went to recording  and clicked for customer  report disconnected when switch too it. other number only got recordings 

Sincerely

Franklin H Strause

Message 119 of 440 (399 Views)

@Jermainebn 

Can you provide the swtor username of the account your having issues with

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 120 of 440 (610 Views)