Cannot remap X/Y Axis (TM 16000M/X-55)

by alymon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot remap X/Y Axis (TM 16000M/X-55)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Thrustmaster 16000M stick and a Saitek X-55 Throttle. Both devices are recognized by the game and when flying, it detects all axis and assigned button inputs.

Currently, Yaw is set to the X-axis on the stick, Pitch is set to the Y-axis and Roll is set to the Z-axis.

I'm trying to reverser Yaw and Roll so that Roll is on the X-axis and Yaw is on the Z-axis.

When I go into the mappings for the joystick, it detects the Z-axis and allows me to map Yaw to it.

When I try to map the X-axis to Roll, it does not detect the axis input and will not continue/let me remap it. I tried pitch/Y-axis to see, and those aren't being detected either in the remap screen. If I reset to default, they all work fine when flying.

Any suggestions or help? Is there a way to edit a config file manually to map it? Is there something I need to change to get the game to detect the X/Y axis in the remap popup?

Message 1 of 6 (623 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot remap X/Y Axis (TM 16000M/X-55)

★★★ Novice
@alymon I unplugged the throttle and plugged it back in. That solved the problem.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (571 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Apparently if you're in the multiplayer practice session and try to remap it there, it's not working. If I exit to the main menu and go to the settings menu there, it is working. So seems like a defect with the menu when launched from that specific environment. The good thing is, it's fixed now.

Message 2 of 6 (617 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also trying zo remap yaw to z axix. One works for yaw left or right but not for both. Useless that way obviously. Filed a bug.

Message 3 of 6 (597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Hopefully theyll patch it with the deadzone.

Message 4 of 6 (575 Views)

★★★ Novice
@alymon I unplugged the throttle and plugged it back in. That solved the problem.
Message 5 of 6 (572 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@alymon one solution for now is to unplug the other joystick/throttle while attempting to bind the key to the one you want. For some reason, they dont let you bind some keys when both controllers are plugged in at the same time. once bound simply replug the controller in
Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)