Cannot play with roommate on same wifi

by Gm1k3

Original Post

Internet

★★★ Newbie

I cannot play Apex legends with my brother. We are in the same house and every time we try to play one of us gets dissconnected. We can play the game fine if we are not in the same party. The game is really fun but starting to get fustrating when you can’t play with your friends so you get matched with people that don’t know what they are doing. It makes it less enjoyable when you can’t play with friends/ family. PLEASE fix.

Message 81 of 124 (7,443 Views)

Re: Can't play with people in the same house

★ Novice
Spoiler
Its happening to Nighthawk routers and they are good gaming routers.

Message 82 of 124 (7,510 Views)

Re: Unable To Play Together When Under Same Connection

★★ Apprentice

This worked for me on Xbox. Thank You!

Message 83 of 124 (7,496 Views)

Unique connectivity issue with Apex which cannot be internet/server issue

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so I'm staying at a friends who has Apex Legends on his PS4. I liked it so I downloaded it on my laptop. Downloaded it all fine, no problem. Tried playing it but I was getting frozen to the spot and/or rubber banding like mad. It was completely unplayable. This also happens in training! I literally cannot complete the training! At the same time that this is happening, my friend was playing it absolutely fine on his PS4, no issues at all (im still at my friends so the same internet). I thought: hey it must be the pc servers then i guess?

I waited for a few days but the issue persisted. So far i've tried running as admin, tried clearing data/game cache, tried disabling all firewalls, uninstalled my internet and virus security, uninstalled and reinstalled Apex Legends as well as Origin, and tried changing servers through the Data Center on the Apex Legends startup screen. Out of curiosity I asked my friend (who im still staying at, same internet and everything) to download it to his laptop. He did so and he can run it absolutely fine on his laptop, same internet and everything. We're both running wireless to the wifi as well. We compared our laptop specs and they are very similar, both windows 10 as well. My laptop also is only a few weeks old. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I feel like it is frustratingly unique and doesn't seem to be connected to the reported server issues. I'm really not sure what else I can try and i feel like I have exhausted every option which applies to me. Oh, also so far only managed to get into two games out of many that i have tried but those were unplayable so issues seem to be on many levels...

If anyone can help or knows any other solutions i havn't mentioned here, I would really appreciate it!

Sorry for the long post, I have no potatoes on me.

Thanks in advance

Message 84 of 124 (7,457 Views)

Re: Cannot play with roommate on same wifi

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem too. On xbox though. The 3 of us can play together on the same internet no problem. 2 of us and a random person no problem. 2 on the same internet and a friend on a different internet boom problem. If when have a pre made 3 squad with 2 of us on the same internet the 2 sharing internet will fail. But after getting a error message if u both ready up it we put one of the 2 that failed back in the game. The other sits out.
Message 85 of 124 (7,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So what finally fixed this for me took 2 steps.  

1) Static IP for both systems.  I chose 30 and 31 just to be away from everything else. 

2) Forwarding half of all the ports ea lists for general ea and anthem (someone posted the list on one of the first pages) to one system and the other half of the ports to the other system.  I did this for all UDP/TCP ports. It doesn't have to be perfectly half. 

It's a pain,  I'm not the best with networks, but this fixed it for me. No issues at all anymore. 

Edit: here is the link. Do both ea and anthem ports. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Hope this works for you guys! It was driving us crazy over here.  

Message 86 of 124 (7,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you! This worked for us. My boyfriend and I wanted to play on the same team on the same network and it kept crashing. Last night we played together multiple matches!

It was a slog on my router because you can only forward 99 ports at a time but if this continues it is worth it. Standard smile Cheers!

Edit: Update a few days later: We crashed again last night twice, midway through each match. It crashed earlier before, so seems different but we crash simultaneously so I think it's caused by same network. Frown Maybe they changed something in an update?

Message 87 of 124 (7,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same same

Message 88 of 124 (6,756 Views)

Re: Can't play with people in the same house

★★★ Newbie

Whoever had issue to play with friends on the same wifi but cannot matchmaking or connect. Here's the solution I found with my bro, you can try using Wi-Fi hotspot on another laptop for you to connect. Worth a try though. No harm. Check out my blog here.  =)
Message 89 of 124 (6,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here and it's absolutely unacceptable. I have invested so much money in the apex coins already and they cant fix this crap. A great game but if you cant fix an issue that millions of people are having you need to shut down business because yall dont know *!!!!
Message 90 of 124 (6,597 Views)