Re: Cannot play with roommate on same wifi

by xRyoukai

Original Post

★★ Novice

Has this been fixed at all? Was trying to get in a game with my boyfriend while at his house and we're both on xbox one and nothing would work, it's really frustrating.

Message 41 of 124 (6,022 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, it is still going on for me. Sad really. I wish Respawn would at least acknowledge the issue as something they are investigating.

Message 42 of 124 (6,025 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this is ridiculous, I really hope they'll look into it so we can eventually play together. I was really hyping this game up to my boyfriend and now that we can't play together it just sucks.

Message 43 of 124 (6,017 Views)

★★ Novice

I manage to fix it, and now I'm able to play with my brother who uses the same wifi. 

Without tampering with ports and all that and both computers using Win 8.1.

Shout-out to the user "Carbonic".

The following steps often help:

1. Log into your modem / router
2. Turn OFF UPNP.
3. Turn off PC UPnP Service:
4. Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
5. In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
6. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
7. Save your changes

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Two-PC-copies-but-only-one-PC-can-connect-at-a-time/m-p/2566174/...

Message 44 of 124 (97,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is so frustrating not being able to play with my brother is really killing me. We’re on PS4 and it won’t let us play. Any update would be appreciated.

Message 45 of 124 (5,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@xRyoukai wrote:

I manage to fix it, and now I'm able to play with my brother who uses the same wifi. 

Without tampering with ports and all that and both computers using Win 8.1.

Shout-out to the user "Carbonic".

The following steps often help:

1. Log into your modem / router
2. Turn OFF UPNP.
3. Turn off PC UPnP Service:
4. Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
5. In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
6. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
7. Save your changes

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Two-PC-copies-but-only-one-PC-can-connect-at-a-time/m-p/2566174/...

Thank you the detailed steps @xRyoukai that were provided by one of our Heroes, @Carbonic 

We have ports listed for Apex Legends here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

It's very possible a router has those endpoints closed off by default from the manufacturer so they'll need to be opened up.

WHAT ARE PORTS?

Ports are endpoints between two connections. A port number is assigned to each end, like an address, to direct the flow of internet traffic.

If you’re having trouble connecting to any of our online games — and you have tried basic connection troubleshooting — you may need to open some ports on your network connection.

Xbox users: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

PlayStation users: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Troubleshoot-Wired-or-Wireless-Network-Connection?language...

Blueberry.png
Message 46 of 124 (5,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My roommate and I are running windows 10 and went to follow the steps in post #43 to see if it would work. Turns out Windows 10 doesn't automatically run the service "UPnP Device Host". We went in and it wasn't running, so we both started it, launched the game, partied up, and it worked. Figured I'd post to let the Win10 users know what's up and what worked for us.

Message 47 of 124 (5,678 Views)

Hero

I'm glad you could use my old post Standard smile 

carbonic signature

Message 48 of 124 (5,664 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue with my son and daughter (on the same network). No I am not going to mess with modem settings or opening ports.... this should not be an issue and should be addressed by the developers.

Message 49 of 124 (5,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

i tried this fix and it did not work. i shouldn't even have to mess with these settings just to play..

Message 50 of 124 (5,513 Views)