Re: Cant play with my brother?

by samuraixmo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot play with roommate on same wifi

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to play with my roommate on PC. We are on the same wifi. 

We can join the party no problem -  the issue happens during matchmaking when we try to join a game together.

Either one or both of us get error messages or get brought back to the party lobby screen.

We've both had timeout errors or even a "bad challenge" error.

We have no problems playing separately with others, it only happens when we try to play together in a party.

Please help.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 124 (97,651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot play with roommate on same wifi

★★ Novice

I manage to fix it, and now I'm able to play with my brother who uses the same wifi. 

Without tampering with ports and all that and both computers using Win 8.1.

Shout-out to the user "Carbonic".

The following steps often help:

1. Log into your modem / router
2. Turn OFF UPNP.
3. Turn off PC UPnP Service:
4. Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
5. In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
6. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
7. Save your changes

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Two-PC-copies-but-only-one-PC-can-connect-at-a-time/m-p/2566174/...

View in thread

Message 44 of 124 (97,710 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Had this same issue except on PS4.

Message 2 of 124 (97,595 Views)

★ Novice

Also having this problem on PC. Roommate and I can't play together.

Message 3 of 124 (97,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 4 of 124 (97,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We have a thread going here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Disconnect-if-two-computers-in-the-same-home-try-to-play/...

Let's all post there so we can gain points and raise this issue to the top please!!  Thanks!!

Sincerely...  Desperate players!!

Message 5 of 124 (97,538 Views)

★ Novice

Seems to work if you DMZ one computer's connection on your router. Dirty fix but a fix nonetheless.

Message 6 of 124 (97,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is a dirty fix.. but it would be nice if Respawn could at least acknowledge this issue. I'm sure there are several families that play games together.  I guess it's back to FORTNITE for now. No issues playing in the same household over there.  Hope they unlock this soon. My kids and I make a great trio team!!

Message 7 of 124 (97,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK so I found a fix from an old Titanfall 2 issue thread that spoke about NAT types and Nighthawk Routers that appear to be the main router with this issue..  This just worked and my son and I played successfully in 3 matches already.

FROM OLD FORUM:

I solved this issue by going into the nighthawk settings

Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup
Change `Nat Filtering` from `secured` to `open`.

Additionally you can reserve the IP's for the devices on the network that will be playing multiplayer to keep them from changing. This is especially useful if you're on a wireless connection.

Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup
Click the `add` button under the `Address Reservation` section and select the device you want to reserve the local IP for.

Hope that helps some people!!

Cheers!!

Message 8 of 124 (97,480 Views)

Cant play with my brother?

★★ Novice

Me and my brother have been trying to queue up together so that we can play, but one of us ends up connecting and the other one times out. I don't know what the problem is, but it only happens when we queue up in the same party. I can get into a lobby after he has gotten into a lobby, so I don't know what the problem would be.

Message 9 of 124 (97,556 Views)

Re: Cant play with my brother?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

ur using the same ports try to change which port the game uses to connect and you should be able to join together.

Not sure which ports apex legends uses but you can change it by going to the start up options of the game and you can fill in a command which forces the game to use that port

the command:  +clientport xxxxx

the xxxxx is the port number you can try 27006 on ur own pc and 27007 on ur brothers pc

If that doesn't work try using something between 37000-39999 on both the pc's those are titanfall ports maybe they work for apex.

Message 10 of 124 (97,539 Views)