Re: Cannot play with friends/connection issues

by PlayasLounge

Original Post

Cannot play with friends/connection issues

★★ Novice

I either cannot play with friends or I have problems connecting to a game in general. When I am in a party with my friends and I ready up, the game starts, only I get left behind in the lobby while they join and start the game without me. A lot of the time I get kicked from the the lobby with a "unable to connect" message being displayed to me. And I will also get messages like "player not ready" when I am by myself in the lobby. HELP. 

Message 1 of 9 (534 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PlayasLounge a number of users facing this issue found the following steps fixed the issue for them:

• Turn OFF UPNP.Turn off PC UPnP Service:Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter
  • In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
  • Save your changes

Let me know if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (504 Views)

★★ Novice
  • After a long run around and discussion with my internet provider, I found that I cannot make the changes mentioned above. They also brought up the great point of you all trying to get me to make changes on my router instead of addressing and fixing the issue on your end. Which honestly makes sense. The game is free to play but I have money in it so I should expect you to fix these issues and make good on this problem. 
Message 3 of 9 (479 Views)

Community Manager

The reason we ask you to make changes to your router @PlayasLounge is that there is nothing that we can do on our end to fix this issue as it is caused by your router or ISP settings. If your router is blocking or routing traffic in an unusual manner which is causing issues such as you are experiencing then that is something that you need to take up with your ISP. The issue is not being caused by Apex Legends but rather your router/ISP settings.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (461 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Why was this not an issue for the first couple of months I was playing and now it is? And why do I not have these issues with any other battle royale or online fps games? You guys should really look into it, and I want a refund for the money I put into this game. This is unacceptable. 

Message 5 of 9 (442 Views)

Community Manager

If your router is creating issues for your gaming @PlayasLounge then you do need to speak with your ISP in relation to it. The steps I posted above have helped a number of other users fix the same issue that you are seeing.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (411 Views)

★★ Novice

So I bought a new router, made the changes you suggested and I still have the same problem. What now?

Message 7 of 9 (379 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @PlayasLounge the next thing to try is to speaking with your ISP in relation to them helping you set your console in DMZ. They should be able to talk you through the steps to do it and a number of users in the bigger thread discussing this have found that DMZing the console helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (351 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue with me and my friends 

This started when the servers downed

This issue never happened to me before the servers downed

This is not a connection issue its the servers issue

Message 9 of 9 (322 Views)